Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I might actually post an introduction thread instead of being the random thread crasher!

So hello! I picked up my 09 GT in Feb of 2012 with 41k, just rolled over 64k :-(. Never was a GM guy but when I actually saw this car and drove it I was hooked. I traded in my 07 300c SRT Design in for it, which had lots more toys, but I became the owner of my G8 the second I sat in it for the test drive!

I live in Mississippi, don't see but a handful of G8's most are V6's. Mostly stock except appearance mods.

As you can tell from my, albeit short, mod list I have been lurking since I bought it.

Looking forward to sticking around a long time!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Administrator
4,922 Posts
Welcome. Nice pair of rides! Although plenty of guys like to hate on the stangs around here I respect the 5.0s. Not so much respect for MOST of the 4.6 stangs though (except for the mach 1 and 03-04 cobra).

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the compliment on the cars.
I used to have a 12 sec Thunderbird, had a 4.6L sohc in it.
And I used to have a 11 sec 88 lincoln Mark VII.

I'll have to see if I can dig up the pictures of my last couple of rides ;-)

I love my "unique" rides :-D

·
Premium Member
4,838 Posts
Welcome!

·
Administrator
4,922 Posts
Thanks for the compliment on the cars.
I used to have a 12 sec Thunderbird, had a 4.6L sohc in it.
And I used to have a 11 sec 88 lincoln Mark VII.

I'll have to see if I can dig up the pictures of my last couple of rides ;-)

I love my "unique" rides :-D

I saw the pics you posted of the 88 Mark VII and I did like that considering I used to have a 90' Fox. Im guessing you had boost on the bird to get it into the 12s?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No sir, head swap, custom cams, some cooks longtubes with full custom exhaust. Completely built 4r70w, can't remember the stall it had, and 2 carriers one with 3.27s the other with 4.10's damn thing would try to snap your neck of you looked at the gas pedal!

·
Yep, that just happened..
5,024 Posts
Welcome! Enjoy the site and the ride!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.