Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 142 Posts

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
GM Part # 25984444, 20783877, or 20827036

need bluetooth now... the government says so!

thanks.

Here is how i found mine:

To all those still looking, i got mine last week it is on it's way to WAMS currently the way i found mine was via:

www.car-part.com

on the main page select:

2009 or 2010

Chevy Truck - Silverado 1500 (1999 and up)

Computer Box not engine

USA (most canada/mexico yards would not ship to the usa)

distance

(your zip)

select one of the onstar modules mentioned at the top. good luck! one new one has come up since i got mine. Since ebay has not had one in 4 months this maybe your only hope.

This site searches all junkyards that use this inventory tracker across the entire country.

Hope you are successful like I was!

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't think that is the right one. It should have 3 antenna ports if I an not mistaken.

Sent from my PC36100 using AutoGuide App

·
Registered
27 Posts
My mistake, I did this mod and now that you say that your right. I was gonna go look in my trunk and look at my original but now my head has been jogged.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I couldn't beleive this guy was parting out a Trailblazer SS and I scored the mirror....I hope at least that wasn't a mistake, it was the only thing I asked Santa for this year.

·
Capital City G8
120 Posts
If you want to maintain onstar AND add BT you need one of the 3 part numbers listed on GTprix's site (gtoshiftlight or whiteautoandmedia). They are only open on weekends. Other part numbers may work for BT only but could cause issues with the BCM. If you just want BT and aren't worried about onstar just buy the costar. The VCIM's are rare but show up here from time to time.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
The actual part # is wrong.that guy is gonna trick someone into buying that part. It will not work for our cars.

·
Premium Member
10,244 Posts
Bubba,

Thanks for spreading the hate. You will not be missed.

OP, good luck on the search. I concur that in my extensive research and own experiences, at least with my 2009.1, that aside from the white wire trick that I believe Bubba probably did to his car, if he only knew! Lol.... That skinsfangreg is correct.

Bubba, last warning to be nice on here. How about you turn that frown upside down!

--zepcom

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I may have just found 4 of them. IF that is the case i will most likely have 3 of them for sale! Details to follow.

·
Capital City G8
120 Posts
I may have just found 4 of them. IF that is the case i will most likely have 3 of them for sale! Details to follow.
If you do please let me know. I'd love to buy one for a good friend. He's not on the boards but has been searching for one for months. Thanks

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
no pm's please if i get them i will let everyone know. I did get a hold of one person and the system was out of date, was not there anymore. so down to hope on 3.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
so far i got 1 bought and shipped with BT antenna (paid $215 w/ shipping) working on 2 more struck out on 4 but i found a couple more waiting for verification that it is the correct module.

·
Premium Member
222 Posts
PM sent lvgman

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
bad news all, called 33 places total all had them listed as in stock only 1 actually had it and that is mine. waiting on 2 more call backs but the outlook looks bleak.

·
Capital City G8
120 Posts
bad news all, called 33 places total all had them listed as in stock only 1 actually had it and that is mine. waiting on 2 more call backs but the outlook looks bleak.
Thanks for trying and looking out for your G8 brothers!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Skinsfangreg is correct that the other part numbers will disable Onstar. I've had one of these installed for a week now and Bluetooth works flawlessly, but Onstar is disabled and you get a red light indicating something is not working with Onstar. This is perfect for me cause i only need Bluetooth. No apparent BCM problems. These are readily available, and give you factory Bluetooth integration. A couple of people have mentioned potential BCM problems, but not anybody I'm aware of that has installed one. Time will tell.

http://www.g8board.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50995

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
To all those still looking, i got mine last week it is on it's way to WAAMS currently the way i found mine was via:

www.car-part.com

on the main page select:

2009 or 2010

Chevy Truck - Silverado 1500 (1999 and up)

Computer Box not engine

USA (most canada/mexico yards would not ship to the usa)

distance

(your zip)

select one of the onstar modules mentioned at the top. good luck! one new one has come up since i got mine. Since ebay has not had one in 4 months this maybe your only hope.

This site searches all junkyards that use this inventory tracker across the entire country.

Hope you are successful like I was!

1 - 20 of 142 Posts