Pontiac G8 Forum banner
121 - 140 of 142 Posts

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
What are these modules going for? Two years ago people were asking 300-350 before re-green process. What is the price today?
I find them every now and then, and they usually sell for about that same price.

·
Premium Member
734 Posts
can anyone help im on my way to junk yard now they have a black 09.5 g8 gt which box is the blue tooth vcim??????? as you look into the trunk? is it the one on the right or left and how do i remove the antenna without damaging it? also do i need the antenna the yard wont let me go in

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #124 ·
can anyone help im on my way to junk yard now they have a black 09.5 g8 gt which box is the blue tooth vcim??????? as you look into the trunk? is it the one on the right or left and how do i remove the antenna without damaging it? also do i need the antenna the yard wont let me go in
Box on the left is the vcim its a quick connect push down in the little tab and pull it off. You can buy the antenna still for not very much but you want it. If it is the correct vcim it has the antenna and should come with it from a scrap yard.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
931 Posts
Make sure it has three antenna connections to the box (+power). If there are only two it's the wrong box.

Should be a bluetooth antenna (small directly connected piece), plus cables going to the Cell and the GPS antennas

·
Premium Member
734 Posts
issue

Box on the left is the vcim its a quick connect push down in the little tab and pull it off. You can buy the antenna still for not very much but you want it. If it is the correct vcim it has the antenna and should come with it from a scrap yard.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
thats the issue they dont know what they have lol he has no idea what to charge he said if its easy to remove just give him $20 lol he offered me motor and tranny for $900

·
Registered
57 Posts
It should be the box on the left(drivers side) as they look in the truck. There is a plastic release pin towards the bumper. Push it and the module will pivot out.
Antenna - my guess is the junk yard will just think the black bar antenna is part of the module as it is attached. If you do not see the black bar antenna OR 3 circle connectors it does not have Bluetooth. Non Bluetooth G8 OnStar modules have 2 circle connectors.

·
Registered
57 Posts
If you do not have a sunroof, Ask them if the salvaged G8 has a sunroof. If yes ask them how much for the overhead console! You can then perform the map light mod! Sunroof G8's have map lights and non sunroof G8's do not.

·
Premium Member
734 Posts
struck out

got to the scrap yard car was in pretty bad shape center piece of the seat back folded down to reveal pretty large area with cup holders never seen that before. checked the vin it wasnt blue tooth it was a 9l1 series so im assuming it was an 08. wasnt a total waste of time the guy let me go through it since i told him i will buy the motor and tranny it only had 11k on it:laugh:. got the 3 good wheels it had left so all in all not a bad score. still no blue tooth vcim :bomb

·
Registered
57 Posts
Tazmaniac - I am selling my bluetooth module in the classified section. P/N 2598444. If you are interested let me know!

Sucks that salvage yard did not have your VCIM.

My 2009 had the fold down arm rest in the back seat with cup holders! I thought 2008's had this also, but maybe not!
2009.5 had another dual cup holder that retracted into the bottom center of the rear seat(kind of where your back of the calves would touch the seat over the driveshaft hump)! Wish I had that.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I have a related question gentlemen but dont want to start a thread.so im willing to pay 3 to 400 bucks to get the stock bluetooth but I only want to connect my phone to play music threw pandore or itunes.my question is does the bluetooth on g8s only do phone calls or can I also play music threw it?thanks guys

·
Move over >
1,445 Posts
calls only sir. I would recommend you get one of these:
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=xtreme+51901

it just plugs into your aux port and plays music through it, no calls through this though. Depending on your phone you could do both so calls go through the vcim and music through this.

thats what i have set up and love it.

·
Move over >
1,445 Posts
no you are misunderstanding, the receiver i linked plugs into the cars stereo, you leave it there, when you are in range and the thing is turned on you auto connect and play. it uses your phones bluetooth.

i basically makes use of the aux port and acts as a wireless aux cord, know what i mean?

·
Move over >
1,445 Posts
great, i love it. and you dont have to worry about the whine while you charge your phone. i have seen alot of mixed reviews on the product i linked you. I have a great one with no issues but ive seen others who say they got bad ones. so make sure if you get that one you buy from a reputable seller like amazon.

there are other options too. search kinovo btc450, on amazon, i think that one allows blutooth phone calls but it has its own mic integrated into it.

·
Move over >
1,445 Posts
no problem man, glad to help, happy holidays!

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #140 ·
there are additional options to that now. there is the 2011 caprice radio and the android replacement faceplate. still haven't seen them installed yet but there are other solutions just getting to the market right now.

121 - 140 of 142 Posts