Pontiac G8 Forum banner

221 - 240 of 273 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
My new wheels and tires came a week ago and I've been itching to see how they look. It's going to be another 3-4 weeks before they can go on the road so today I swapped out one side to get a few pics and then put the snows back on...

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
My new wheels and tires came a week ago and I've been itching to see how they look. It's going to be another 3-4 weeks before they can go on the road so today I swapped out one side to get a few pics and then put the snows back on...
I know the feeling from last spring when I took delivery from Mod bargains on the Avante Garde M310's. It turned out that they put my pics on their site. Your rims look tasty and I had to go 5 pages back on the thread to see all of the rims on other cars again. It's a beautiful thang!:)

·
Registered
132 Posts
From Aspec wheel's Ebay store Item#131431943945

Ebay item

19X8.5 +35 Front, 19x9.5 +40 Rear STR 615 5X120 titanium finish wheels

Fronts clear my brembo CTS-V calipers fine. Rears needed rolling with 285 BF Goodrich G-Force Sport Comp 2s

·
Registered
200 Posts
Just put these bad boys on yesterday. Drag DR-64 wrapped in 275/30/20 on all four corners.

·
Registered
163 Posts
DDDDDAAAAMMMNNNN!!!!!!!! YOU BEAT ME TO IT!!!!! DAMN YOU!!!!! Mine come in today and THOUGHT I'll be first to have them on lol

Well anyways since u have the 228 on might as well ask u some questions lol
1. What offset in the front? I'm guessing u went with the 20x10+35?
2. Did you go a square set up all around?
3. If you did the 11s ou back why not a bigger tire?
4. How's the clearance turning wise in the front with the 275?

Mine will arrive today and will be getting retires today so need feedback ASAP! LOL
O yea and are u lowered?

·
Registered
200 Posts
DDDDDAAAAMMMNNNN!!!!!!!! YOU BEAT ME TO IT!!!!! DAMN YOU!!!!! Mine come in today and THOUGHT I'll be first to have them on lol

Well anyways since u have the 228 on might as well ask u some questions lol
1. What offset in the front? I'm guessing u went with the 20x10+35?
2. Did you go a square set up all around?
3. If you did the 11s ou back why not a bigger tire?
4. How's the clearance turning wise in the front with the 275?

Mine will arrive today and will be getting retires today so need feedback ASAP! LOL
O yea and are u lowered?
If you are referring to my post...
1. Offset is 35 on a 20x9 inch rim
2. Yes square all around
3. N/A
4. Clearance is fine, no rubbing when at full lock. Rears seem to have plenty of suspension room, I haven't weighed the back end down yet to check clearance of the fender lip, although I should be fine.
5. Not lowered

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Hey LoudAs...any chance you could make the Lakeview meet hosted by OGOC on May 23rd? I would like to se those wheels in person for sure. If not that, we got one in Niagara on July 12th.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Finally!! I was off the road for a month and half until I got these in Friday night, got 'em bolted up Saturday, and washed yesterday (it's amazing how much dust collected in that month and a half).

19" Fathom Designs FD-CR, staggered 8.5 up front 10 in the rear.
Hey man, I'm liking the Fathoms... I've actually been looking at the FD-RA style from Fathom when I am up for new tires (~6 months?)...

What's been your experience with 19s? I was seeing 19s on some g8s and they look small. I'm planning on keeping stock height.

·
Registered
187 Posts
It's been forever and a day since I posted so here's a couple pics

Attachments

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hey man, I'm liking the Fathoms... I've actually been looking at the FD-RA style from Fathom when I am up for new tires (~6 months?)...

What's been your experience with 19s? I was seeing 19s on some g8s and they look small. I'm planning on keeping stock height.
If you are keeping stock height, I'd go with 20s. I went with 19s for better ride quality and wheel protection after a road construction incident. They have been good wheels for the year or so I've had them.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Finally all installed.
BMR sway bars
BMR sway bar end links
BMR strut bushings
H&R lowering springs -1.5" front, -1.7" rear
Linea Corse 818 20x9 +35, 20x10.5 +45
Michelin Pilot Super Sport 255/35, 285/30

Untitled by JACK, on Flickr
Untitled by JACK, on Flickr

·
173 Posts
Polished TSW Nurburgrings
20X8.5 front ET43
20X10 rear ET 62 (widened 8.5's by Eric Vaughn Machine)
Custom caps by SonOfThor

221 - 240 of 273 Posts