Pontiac G8 Forum banner

221 - 240 of 261 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
My new wheels and tires came a week ago and I've been itching to see how they look. It's going to be another 3-4 weeks before they can go on the road so today I swapped out one side to get a few pics and then put the snows back on...

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
My new wheels and tires came a week ago and I've been itching to see how they look. It's going to be another 3-4 weeks before they can go on the road so today I swapped out one side to get a few pics and then put the snows back on...
I know the feeling from last spring when I took delivery from Mod bargains on the Avante Garde M310's. It turned out that they put my pics on their site. Your rims look tasty and I had to go 5 pages back on the thread to see all of the rims on other cars again. It's a beautiful thang!:)

·
Registered
132 Posts
From Aspec wheel's Ebay store Item#131431943945

Ebay item

19X8.5 +35 Front, 19x9.5 +40 Rear STR 615 5X120 titanium finish wheels

Fronts clear my brembo CTS-V calipers fine. Rears needed rolling with 285 BF Goodrich G-Force Sport Comp 2s

·
Registered
200 Posts
Just put these bad boys on yesterday. Drag DR-64 wrapped in 275/30/20 on all four corners.

·
Registered
163 Posts
DDDDDAAAAMMMNNNN!!!!!!!! YOU BEAT ME TO IT!!!!! DAMN YOU!!!!! Mine come in today and THOUGHT I'll be first to have them on lol

Well anyways since u have the 228 on might as well ask u some questions lol
1. What offset in the front? I'm guessing u went with the 20x10+35?
2. Did you go a square set up all around?
3. If you did the 11s ou back why not a bigger tire?
4. How's the clearance turning wise in the front with the 275?

Mine will arrive today and will be getting retires today so need feedback ASAP! LOL
O yea and are u lowered?

·
Registered
200 Posts
DDDDDAAAAMMMNNNN!!!!!!!! YOU BEAT ME TO IT!!!!! DAMN YOU!!!!! Mine come in today and THOUGHT I'll be first to have them on lol

Well anyways since u have the 228 on might as well ask u some questions lol
1. What offset in the front? I'm guessing u went with the 20x10+35?
2. Did you go a square set up all around?
3. If you did the 11s ou back why not a bigger tire?
4. How's the clearance turning wise in the front with the 275?

Mine will arrive today and will be getting retires today so need feedback ASAP! LOL
O yea and are u lowered?
If you are referring to my post...
1. Offset is 35 on a 20x9 inch rim
2. Yes square all around
3. N/A
4. Clearance is fine, no rubbing when at full lock. Rears seem to have plenty of suspension room, I haven't weighed the back end down yet to check clearance of the fender lip, although I should be fine.
5. Not lowered

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Hey LoudAs...any chance you could make the Lakeview meet hosted by OGOC on May 23rd? I would like to se those wheels in person for sure. If not that, we got one in Niagara on July 12th.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Finally!! I was off the road for a month and half until I got these in Friday night, got 'em bolted up Saturday, and washed yesterday (it's amazing how much dust collected in that month and a half).

19" Fathom Designs FD-CR, staggered 8.5 up front 10 in the rear.
Hey man, I'm liking the Fathoms... I've actually been looking at the FD-RA style from Fathom when I am up for new tires (~6 months?)...

What's been your experience with 19s? I was seeing 19s on some g8s and they look small. I'm planning on keeping stock height.

·
Registered
187 Posts
It's been forever and a day since I posted so here's a couple pics

Attachments

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hey man, I'm liking the Fathoms... I've actually been looking at the FD-RA style from Fathom when I am up for new tires (~6 months?)...

What's been your experience with 19s? I was seeing 19s on some g8s and they look small. I'm planning on keeping stock height.
If you are keeping stock height, I'd go with 20s. I went with 19s for better ride quality and wheel protection after a road construction incident. They have been good wheels for the year or so I've had them.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Finally all installed.
BMR sway bars
BMR sway bar end links
BMR strut bushings
H&R lowering springs -1.5" front, -1.7" rear
Linea Corse 818 20x9 +35, 20x10.5 +45
Michelin Pilot Super Sport 255/35, 285/30

Untitled by JACK, on Flickr
Untitled by JACK, on Flickr

·
165 Posts
Polished TSW Nurburgrings
20X8.5 front ET43
20X10 rear ET 62 (widened 8.5's by Eric Vaughn Machine)
Custom caps by SonOfThor

221 - 240 of 261 Posts
About this Discussion
260 Replies
114 Participants
nda9090
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing