Pontiac G8 Forum banner

41 - 60 of 129 Posts

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
FYI, the recall is not out yet. It has only been announced as upcoming, so don't call your dealerships & expect them to do anything about it. Also : From what I have read, the problem that the recall will be addressing only occurs if the passenger front seat is All The Way Forward.(in which case there could be a 30 millisecond deployment delay between the first and second stages of the dual-stage frontal passenger airbag.) Otherwise everything functions fine.

GM is working on an updated calibration to address the issue.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I went in today to see what the local GM dealership knew about this recall, the answer was nothing, they ran my VIN and found nothing..... So it is not out yet, not to mention they didnt know anything about it..... wasted my lunch...............

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
It wasn't even on my GM employee page over the weekend. But it was there today. All it is is an alert that there will be an upcoming recall. As soon as GM or any manufacturer know a recall is coming, the media has to be informed, even if parts or programming are not available yet. Often times the media knows before the dealership.

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
It's funny, because all it does it start a media frenzy & public worrying. If it is SO NECESSARY for the media & the public to know about the recall, then the media should do their job & advise the public of what to do in the mean time, ie: Don't have the passenger front seat in the full forward position.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Yup, I called the dealership today they knew nothing about it. He said he ran my VIN and nothing came up at all. So hopefully soon we can get our cars in and get this taken care of.

·
You've got mail, YAAAAY!
1,951 Posts
^^ Nice car V8 G8, is that the new Altima? :) ^^

I will deal with this when GM sends me a letter. Doesn't surprise me nor does it bother me.

·
IdontRe Member
631 Posts

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Yeah, I had Michelle run my VIN and she said nothing came up yet. I'm really not surprised by that so I'm jut going to wait for the letter from GM.

·
Premium Member
10,244 Posts
Agreed.

Just stuck this thread.

Also, merged with official thread, and renamed that thread to better explain that it's the official thread.

Also moved the combined thread to the "TSB, Recall" section of the forum.

Hopefully this makes it easier to find.

This recall is so new that some dealerships are not yet aware of the particulars.

--zepcom

·
Flying at low altitude
911 Posts
Airbag reprogram available

The airbag reprogram is available at dealers as of 11/21/2011

Tech accesses the airbag control module from side of console for the reprogram, they only had to move a side panel, nothing else on the console is disturbed.

Very painless

Now G8's can protect 5th percentile females (about 100lbs / 5ft tall)

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
This recall is so minor. Beside it will never happen. If I had a 5 ft, 100 lbs woman in the front passenger seat, the wife would likely file for divorce.:judge:

·
Premium Member
1,646 Posts
^ +1

lol!

·
Registered
309 Posts
To bad it is not my wife I am worried about. My 11 year old son sits in the front and this would effect him as he gets a little older.

·
Registered
163 Posts
This recall is so minor. Beside it will never happen. If I had a 5 ft, 100 lbs woman in the front passenger seat, the wife would likely file for divorce.:judge:
This is not true. My GF, her mother, my mother, my father ect. all weigh more than that and are taller. from time to time when driving with them the pass airbag light will not turn on and the seatbelt warning for the passenger will not go off.
I believe this problem for some may not be limited to the above description but I also am not a technician so I can not explain it.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Went to the dealer today. Sadly my engine light came on over the weekend, looks like something is wrong with my emissions system. Hopefully has nothing to do with my Solo axle back or x-pipe.

But the dealer said that I do have an open recall on the car and they are going to take care of it for me when I bring it in so they can find out whats wrong with the emissions system.

So call your dealer and bring your G8's in!!!!

·
Registered
256 Posts
Had mine done last week while in for the second AC belt replacement. The service writer was surprised I knew about it so soon.
Hey Ross - Who did you bring you car to? Carl Black of Roswell or another dealer?

41 - 60 of 129 Posts