Pontiac G8 Forum banner

81 - 100 of 129 Posts

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
@madmax and others, I would be happy to look up the recall for your vehicle if you would like to send me private messages with the VIN of the G8 in question.

Michelle, GM Customer Service

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
Got my letter today. Called Freedom Chevy and they told me to bring it in at my convenience any time after this week. They know I don't want to take my cover off in bad weather

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
@V8 G8, SWEET!!!! I am so glad that you have a great dealership to depend on. Please, don't hesitate to contact me in the future.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Got the recall done and they didn't have any issues with the Livernois tune on it. The paperwork says they repgrammed the ecm, however I am pretty sure it wasn't the ecm as the Livernois tune probably would have made that pretty difficult.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Got my letter today and dropping it off tonight. Had some parts on order that needed to be installed, so now I can do it in one trip! I tuned it back to stock, because it is to easy to switch back and forth! No reason to take a chance for a headache!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Got the letters for both of our G8s today. Ironic they came together, but I guess GM is just working it's way through the database. They've made it to the letter S...

·
Registered
682 Posts
I just booked my recall #11306 with my dealer for Friday morning. Thanks everyone for the heads up on this.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I just got my recall notice today too. Taking it to the dealer tomorrow, cars been there a month anyways.

·
Premium Member
1,921 Posts
can i avoid the dealer and just have a disclaimer on my passenger seat "Warning: airbag not functional if you're under 100 pounds"

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
Got the recall done and they didn't have any issues with the Livernois tune on it. The paperwork says they repgrammed the ecm, however I am pretty sure it wasn't the ecm as the Livernois tune probably would have made that pretty difficult.

So you left the tune on there and when you got the car back as far as you know it is still intact?

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
Of course you could avoid the dealer. You wouldn't even have to have that warning label as weight has nothing to do with the recall. Just tell people not to put the seat to the full forward position.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Anyone with the airbag fault light do the recall and have it fixed? Just a sidenote, my son, 75lbs, does activate the airbag.

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
Anyone with the airbag fault light do the recall and have it fixed?
Not going to happen...

95% of air bag codes will clear themselves (ie: turn off the light) when the vehicle is first started up, if the problem is not current. If the problem is current, then the code is current & the light will stay on.

The other 5% of the codes are latched codes that occur after as the result of an airbag deployment & can not be cleared,period. The SDM requires replacing to clear those codes, & the SDM is not being replaced in this recall.

·
Registered
288 Posts
So you left the tune on there and when you got the car back as far as you know it is still intact?
Correct. I know the TCM was still intact. Had no way to know if the ECM was still intact, so I went ahead and reflashed it when I got home.

The mpg was reset by the recall, but as far as I know the ecm was fine. I even have Livernois which is a "locked tune"

·
Registered
130 Posts
Had this done today and now have the Airbag light on! Ugh. Back to the dealership again. Didn't notice until I got home. 45 mins away. Thx Dealership!

·
Registered
297 Posts
@richsfish, how long ago did you have this happen?

Michelle,

I haven't been on the board alot lately and didn't see your reply. I had the recall done approximately 2 weeks ago. I have the paperwork somewhere but can't find it at the moment to get the exact date.

Rich

·
Registered
684 Posts
Long story short...I had the G8 in several weeks ago for some warranty work (when all this recall mess had been going on for about a week) and I mentioned this to the dealer. They did a search and knew nothing about it. A week later, I got the recall letter in the mail.

Got my recall done last week. Now the airbag light is flashing...and they wonder why we don't like bringing our cars to the dealer! I think they scratched my wheel last time too but I can't prove it. Back to the dealer next week...FML!

·
Supercharged Moderator
2,419 Posts
Long story short...I had the G8 in several weeks ago for some warranty work (when all this recall mess had been going on for about a week) and I mentioned this to the dealer. They did a search and knew nothing about it. A week later, I got the recall letter in the mail.

Got my recall done last week. Now the airbag light is flashing...and they wonder why we don't like bringing our cars to the dealer! I think they scratched my wheel last time too but I can't prove it. Back to the dealer next week...FML!
Mine is doing the exact same thing. Dealer wants $90.00 just to diagnose the problem.

I think GM needs to step up to the plate and make this right for all of us.

81 - 100 of 129 Posts