Pontiac G8 Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Also... before you dump your car can I swing by and try fitting my GT 19's on it? I just want to see where the calipers would rub if I went this way as a brake upgrade, if a little work with a grinding wheel would do the trick to get them behind the stock wheel or if there's just no way to get it done...

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
A good friend of mine just went about 2 or 3 weeks ago to a place in DFW area test drove a NEW White 6 speed GXP-
He has connection for the employee discount on top of all other discounts that apply. (no GM cash/points)
He was rolling in 2K in negative-- And he was financing 39.5K. (he changed his mine, but was approved.

39.5K - 2K negative that was added on is 37.5K (AFTER TTL)

so it was easily 36.5K in the month of Jul.

But you are right they are drying up fast. So maybe they will jack prices up I don't know.

Good luck with your sell.

I would buy a GXP used for 32K tops. But that is me.

The incentives have been good, but now that they are running out of cars they are irrelevant.

GT's have started to creep up at the auction and 3 GXP's have run thru manheim as far as I can tell nationwide and all 3 fetched 35k plus...That would mean they will easily retail over 37k.

With dealers like me and the few others that were discounting them running out, expect to see alot more MSRP and over now...

·
PNWG8 Member
450 Posts
did you sell it?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Do you still have your stock mufflers or did they go with the car?

·
Premium Member
1,254 Posts
86 Grand National one of the all time sleepers, Turbo Charged 3.8 what a motor
87 was last (and best) year IMO. I've had two turbo Buicks, the last of which was an 87 GN. They actually did two production runs on that car as the orders outpaced supply so they cranked up the production line one last time in late 87 (for what would have typically been 88 model year cars). Mine was one of the last 100 produced. Wish I still had that car, wicked fun with only minimal modding effort.

Like someone else said, I'd love to have a GXP, but I'll see what things look like for a well cared for 1-2 year old one down the road in terms of price and maybe I can pick one of those up. Would also love to have another GN or GNX one day (GN quite possible...GNX not so much)

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Yeah, it sold 2 days after I posted it with all the mods...

so much for 38,500 being too high

Now I have to deal with the long search for a car. LOL

For those asking questions about parts. All I have left is a brand new radiator cover still in the box Ill let go for 140.00 (for rotofab) the stock manifolds and cats and the stock intake.

·
Premium Member
3,282 Posts
Did you sell it to a member of the g8board? If not, hopefully you steered them to join.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
He's aware of the board. :)

Not sure if he will venture on here.

Now its just a matter of finding a vehicle I like. I got a Trailblazer SS on trade for my G8 and drove that for 3 days till someone bought it LOL

Maybe a CTS-v? they are dipping into the 49k range used now :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Well, it may not make any sense to say it this way based on what we are describing...

But its all patience. LOL

I dont buy many new cars, usually pre-owned. But I always wait for the right deal. If the vehicle and the numbers don't say do it, I don't.

I've been thru over 50 cars in my 14 years of driving. I am a car nut.

Next will be something or several things from a long list of wants.

86-87 Grand National or really clean T-type
72ish El Camino
70 Chevelle
69 Nova
73 Camaro

Ideally I'd like a combination of the GN and any other one of these on the list.

Whatever it is, It will need to qualify for collectable insurance. :p

You will love the GN. I have an 84, converted to the 86 drive train. They are phenomenal. I love the G8 as well, but the GN is my baby! Good luck!

21 - 35 of 35 Posts