Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1261 - 1275 of 1275 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hey I've done a bunch of searching but cant find my answer. I'm looking to get ideally a square setup. I currently am stock for brakes but plan on doing one of the brembo upgrades ( likely the zzp kit ). What im looking for is a 265/35r19 setup or a 275/35r19 square setup. I like a set of rims on 1010tires taht are either a 19x8.5 with 35mm backspacing or a 19x9.5 with 40mm. Thus far it seems the 19x9.5 with a 40 mm offset will work both front and rear and it seems ideal for sizing to go with the 265's. But can anyone confirm this setup would work with brembos?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hey I've done a bunch of searching but cant find my answer. I'm looking to get ideally a square setup. I currently am stock for brakes but plan on doing one of the brembo upgrades ( likely the zzp kit ). What im looking for is a 265/35r19 setup or a 275/35r19 square setup. I like a set of rims on 1010tires taht are either a 19x8.5 with 35mm backspacing or a 19x9.5 with 40mm. Thus far it seems the 19x9.5 with a 40 mm offset will work both front and rear and it seems ideal for sizing to go with the 265's. But can anyone confirm this setup would work with brembos?
9.5 +40 Gonna be a tight fit up front... Brake fitment is wheel specific so I doubt you'll get a straight answer there.

·
Registered
20 Posts
9.5 +40 Gonna be a tight fit up front... Brake fitment is wheel specific so I doubt you'll get a straight answer there.
Im using the gxp for vehicle selector to see for brake fitment issues. Hoping that does the trick. Any idea if a 265 would be better then for width for a 40 offset?

·
Pontiac Crazy
409 Posts
I'm using 18×9.5 +40 TSWs up front with 275s but I also have BC coilovers and it only clears the strut by a few millimeters.

·
every village has one
2,147 Posts
Don’t think the 40 offset will work with the front Brembos without a spacer.

·
Pontiac Crazy
409 Posts
Don’t think the 40 offset will work with the front Brembos without a spacer.
Depends on the wheel but yes it will. I don't have any spacers.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
I’m looking to some 18x9.5 with a 22mm offset. Would I be running into any issues?
You'll be outside the wheel wells, do not do this.

Looking to get some wheels 19x9.5 but they also make them 8.5 width, with a 35mm offset all around. What would be the better option? I honestly wanna get the 9.5’s but is there any issue I would run into? If not what kind of tire would I need? Any sort of input would be really appreciated.
9.5" out back in the +50et to +60et would be perfect with a 275mm or 285mm tire. The 8.5" with a 255mm on front with that +35et would be fine.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Lugs?

Ok. I pulled the trigger and my new Avant Garde 610s are on their way. My question is this, will my factory lugs fit/work? I know the size is 14mm x 1.5 Any recommendations? I was looking at McGard and Gorilla but I'm unsure of length and quality of the parts.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Ok. I pulled the trigger and my new Avant Garde 610s are on their way. My question is this, will my factory lugs fit/work? I know the size is 14mm x 1.5 Any recommendations? I was looking at McGard and Gorilla but I'm unsure of length and quality of the parts.
I usually use Gorilla, but that's because that's generally what TireRack ships with their wheels.

Factory lugs are probably too big to fit on those wheels.

·
Registered
2 Posts
That's what I run but 19". Same width, same offset, same tire expect one size lower profile but ZERO rubbing issues at stock height.

Same as my sig. Works fine. Ditto what "Morris" said.
I may have missed it somewhere, but what about a matched size for the fronts? At 19X9.5 w/a +45 offset and 285/40/19 tire, will they fit the front without modification?

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
I may have missed it somewhere, but what about a matched size for the fronts? At 19X9.5 w/a +45 offset and 285/40/19 tire, will they fit the front without modification?
Probably not, unless you have aftermarket coilovers. I was fine however with a 9.5" +40et with a 275mm wide tire.

1261 - 1275 of 1275 Posts