Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1341 - 1343 of 1343 Posts

·
Registered
3,454 Posts
Yeah, 9.5+ at +40et works well on the front, with a 275mm wide tire. Rears at +45et you found could rub, but small roll will help mitigate that.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I got a killer deal on some 20" camaro replicas. I didn't realize that the offsets were different than oem camaro 20s until i started searching the forums. I can't find a definitive answer if these wheels will work or not on the G8. Not looking for the widest tire I can fit or anything like that. Prefer not to have to roll the fenders either. Car is stock suspension but may lower with eibach kit in the future. What tire size would you recommend? I'm thinking 255/35r20 would work on the front, not too sure about the rear. Thanks in advance.

Camaro replica specs: 20x9 +35 offset front and rear

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
Do yourself a favour, find a “Wheel OffsetCalculator”. Compared to our stock 8” wide rims. That Camaro rim is the same at the inner lip. The outer lip is 26mm further out than stock. I found 12 to 16mm the limit depending on the wheel width. Take a piece of wood and place it on the side of the tire. This way you can measure the distance from the tire sidewall to the wheel opening lip. Check the numbers on the wheels. OEM Camaro 20x8 are +35 the 20x9 are +40 . The 8” are moved out a safe 13mm. The 9” in the rear have 5mm less inner clearance and the outer lip is 21mm farther out. Many find they have to roll the rear lip to make it fit. The set I have selected are 8.5” +38 offset front and 9.5” +58. 245 ft tire,275 rear.
Only need to clearance the tabs on the inner wheel house.

1341 - 1343 of 1343 Posts