Pontiac G8 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
If these don't sell, and we file Chapter 11 there will be no expendable cash to pay out to dealers in incentives and the rebates will go down.

GM pays the dealers rebate money. Its not just a magical discount.

Less $ less rebates.
Nino, who is responsibile for the invenotry, GM or the Dealers?? I don't understand the process, when dealers order cars the manufacturer is that when they pay for them from GM, or does GM still technically own them until they sell. I know when you sell the cars you get a holdback payment from GM, and I thought the longer the car sits on the lot the less you make on it. Do you have to pay taxes, or any type of depreication for the unsold vehicles or does GM eat that cost. Not trying to be nosey, but I have always wondered how this process works.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I don't know folks, if you're interested, I'd buy soon. There's no guarantee there will be a 2010 model run, and my guess is GM will be in bankruptcy within a week or two, tops. At that point, who knows what discounts GM will be allowed to pay out to dealers.

·
1 of 45
162 Posts
Does anyone recall any information about a GM inventory website? I spoke with Nino today and he seems to recall that someone had posted the information in one of his threads in this forum in the past few months. He suggested that I post the question here, given that so many of you are knowledgeable in this area.

I know about the www.gminventory.com site, but it's pretty much useless, at least as far as I've been able to tell. I'm looking for a fairly unique GXP that not even Nino has had in stock, a Stryker Blue with the Tremec 6-speed.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!

·
Registered
65 Posts
I got the dealer to tag a stryker blue gxp with sunroof and the 6-speed manual coming in but hasnt made it to the dealer yet. It was invoiced back on 4/28. Hopefully it will be here anyday. Tired of waiting. I dont know how many of this color are out there in a manual but not many at least now. Good luck.

Does anyone recall any information about a GM inventory website? I spoke with Nino today and he seems to recall that someone had posted the information in one of his threads in this forum in the past few months. He suggested that I post the question here, given that so many of you are knowledgeable in this area.

I know about the www.gminventory.com site, but it's pretty much useless, at least as far as I've been able to tell. I'm looking for a fairly unique GXP that not even Nino has had in stock, a Stryker Blue with the Tremec 6-speed.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Yes, Thats right!

The rebates are better, the financing is better!

I have a TON of G8's!

3000 Consumer Cash
1000 Loyalty Bonus Cash
500 Dealer cash on G8's!

4500 In total rebates on any GT or V6 in stock!

6100 total off MSRP folks

6100!!!!

or, 500 dealer cash and 0% for up to 72 months!

Im posting specials tomorrow, but if the time to buy was ever present, its now!

This is as close to the old dealer cash deals as we have been!

Im so excited for everyone who wants a G8 right now!
Any extra rebate/incentive for military?

·
2009 G8 GXP
448 Posts
Why are you guys waiting?

Nino (the f'n MAN) put my old ass in a stryker blue GXP, 2K down, $525 a month for 72 months, zero interest. When he said $525 a month for a loaded out GXP, I liked to crapped my pants. He was going to price a G8 GT, but at that point, he would just be wasting his time.

For those wanting a stryker blue automatic without sunroof, well as of today, there is one less on the market.

Nino is the real deal, Gay Pontiac is the real deal and you guys need to quit procrastinating and get to buying. I can't see any better deals for a car like the GXP.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Balck GXP... CU discount -4000 if you are a GM owner...Not to mention you possibly couldqualify for an extra 750...

4750 rebates, plus credit union discount?

and only 3 GXP's left... Oh my...

·
Registered
181 Posts
What would GXP pricing be with Employee Discount, preferably M6 no roof, no loyalty?

Same question for a GT loaded except for no roof?

PM if need be, thanks!

·
GXP'd PBM GT 2009.5
480 Posts
Yes, Thats right!

The rebates are better, the financing is better!

I have a TON of G8's!

3000 Consumer Cash
1000 Loyalty Bonus Cash
500 Dealer cash on G8's!

4500 In total rebates on any GT or V6 in stock!

6100 total off MSRP folks

6100!!!!

or, 500 dealer cash and 0% for up to 72 months!

Im posting specials tomorrow, but if the time to buy was ever present, its now!

This is as close to the old dealer cash deals as we have been!

Im so excited for everyone who wants a G8 right now!

Holy Crapo, this is what I've been waiting for!!!! How long will this be effective exactly? Thanks!

·
GXP'd PBM GT 2009.5
480 Posts
Loyalty cannot be combined with 0% at all. It does apply to the GXP and you simply need to own a 99 or newer GM vehicle to qualify.
Does this have to be a trade-in vehicle? I have an 03 Chev but I was planning on selling it myself...

·
Registered
200 Posts
Nino,

what would employee pricing being for a well equiped to full equiped GT before the 0%?

that might just be the deal i was waiting for?

·
Registered
105 Posts
I don't know folks, if you're interested, I'd buy soon. There's no guarantee there will be a 2010 model run, and my guess is GM will be in bankruptcy within a week or two, tops. At that point, who knows what discounts GM will be allowed to pay out to dealers.
I GM pulls out the rebates, nobody will buy these cars. The dealers will not get the manufacturer rebates. Case in point, see Chrysler.

·
Cynical A$$hole
2,353 Posts
Does this have to be a trade-in vehicle? I have an 03 Chev but I was planning on selling it myself...
From what I have read on other sites the only stipulation is that your GM vehicle has to be a '99 or newer.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Why are you guys waiting?

Nino (the f'n MAN) put my old ass in a stryker blue GXP, 2K down, $525 a month for 72 months, zero interest. When he said $525 a month for a loaded out GXP, I liked to crapped my pants. He was going to price a G8 GT, but at that point, he would just be wasting his time.

For those wanting a stryker blue automatic without sunroof, well as of today, there is one less on the market.

Nino is the real deal, Gay Pontiac is the real deal and you guys need to quit procrastinating and get to buying. I can't see any better deals for a car like the GXP.
DAMN! Thats a helluva deal. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Yeah, its funny. Im selling out and the people aren't all on the forums... Kinda tells me some people know a deal when they see one.

·
2009 G8 GXP
448 Posts
Yeah, its funny. Im selling out and the people aren't all on the forums... Kinda tells me some people know a deal when they see one.
It's ironic that all you have to do is surf this site and do a google to find out these cars are history.

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/04/27/officially-official-gm-kills-pontiac/

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/04/30/pontiac-g8-gxp-solstice-coupe-future-collectors-items-w-pol/

I don't know what the hold up is, whether it is just being naive, or being in denial about Pontiac, but somebody is going to want a GXP in their favorite color and one day they are all going to be gone. There are only so many of them, and with the rebates or zero financing they aren't going to last long.

Hey, I'm not in car sales, and outside of respecting Gay Pontiac and Nino, I have nothing to gain by posting this. You guys, if you are wanting either a G8 GT or GXP need to get off your ass, roll up your sleeves and get to buying. I never dreamed I could make the deal I made, but when the numbers were in line, if I would have waited another week and the stryker blue A6 would have been gone, I would have been PISSED OFF , not at Nino, Gay Pontiac, or GM, but at myself and only myself.

Old_goat, who talks the talk, but also walked the walk. My GXP with my favorite color, transmission choice, and roof choice is in my garage. Where is yours?

21 - 40 of 62 Posts