Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where do you guys take your G8 for an oil change in the bay area?
Or should I just take it to the dealer?

I am living away from home so no tools to do it on my own.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I just used a dealer voucher and got it done at Moore, in Los Gatos...

Did anyone get the "one year free" maintenance letter from GM?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Nope, I didn't get the free maintenance offer from GM and I own a G6 GT and a G8 GT.

I second the recommendation for Pearson (Pontiac dealer) in Sunnyvale. They took care of my previous Pontiacs at a reasonable cost with good service and wait times.

Since I moved, the nearest Pontiac dealer (Roseville GMC Buick) sucks. Long wait times and very expensive prices (even their GM service coupon prices are higher than the other dealer in Folsom). I can't imagine buying a Buick from them if that's how their service is.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Did anyone get the "one year free" maintenance letter from GM?

I got the one year free letter. I change my own oil, and rotate my tires, so it isn't that big of a deal for me.

·
Registered
781 Posts
I just use Jiffy Lube...I make friends with the techs and watch them do their work. They see that I use the best filters and Red Line Oil that costs around $10 a quart so they know I'm a fanatic about my cars. Never had a problem... :)

·
'Mod'erator
4,887 Posts
I take my cars to the same penzoil place for the last 11 years in El Cerrito. Those guys love the G8 and although that platinum synthetic stuff isn't cheap, it is worth it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts