Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my car hasnt been leaking at all for the past week and has been sitting in the driveway allday until 1 hr ago when i got home from grocery shopping. I notice oil on the ground. Seems fresh like maybe when i started it? Not sure where to look. I looked under the hood and car and I didn't find anything out of the ordinary. It could have been leaking throughout the day maybe idk. Also could not duplicate the issue. Car has 95k

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,697 Posts
May have to put the car on a lift or jackstands. Clean or wipe portions of the undercarriage. Let it run. Sit. Observe. Some form of fluid could be leaking for a variety of places. Was the oil recently changed? Checked the fluid levels?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
May have to put the car on a lift or jackstands. Clean or wipe portions of the undercarriage. Let it run. Sit. Observe. Some form of fluid could be leaking for a variety of places. Was the oil recently changed? Checked the fluid levels?
Today i woke up and jacked up the car first thing in the morning and checked fluid levels and oil filter. Levels were ok and filter was a little loose which was tightened But im seeing traces of oil where i cant for the life of me pinpoint where its coming from. I have a couple more pictures.

·
Premium Member
6,697 Posts
Oil could have traveled there hence the clean and observe method. However, someone else may have a different thought.

·
Registered
4,460 Posts
Looking at your motor photos , I see a tiny bit of trans fluid and mostly engine oil. It ran down the trans pipes. From where? Like Pony said, clean it all then look for the origin. Check the rocker covers to see if it’s there too.

·
Premium Member
4,765 Posts
Could be oil pan gasket. My leak is similar.

·
Premium Member
969 Posts
Rear main seal? Valve cover gaskets?

When I was under mine this weekend, I noted it was "wetter" than usual. Then I found that the drivers side valve cover was leaking. So I have to fix that.

·
Premium Member
969 Posts
Also, rear engine cover. Another common LS motor leak point.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts