Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, my oil temp was reading fine, now it fluctuates several degrees in each direction but most of the time it shows -40. Engine light came on and the code was for low oil temperature. I searched Rock Auto for the oil temp sensor but nothing turns up. Where is this thing located and where can I buy one? TIA.

·
Premium Member
4,499 Posts
Per the Ac Delco online catalog, the Engine oil level and temperature sensor part number is 213-3945 and have not the slightest clue where it is located.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Per the Ac Delco online catalog, the Engine oil level and temperature sensor part number is 213-3945 and have not the slightest clue where it is located.
Thats a huge help, thank you! Since it detects the oil level as well I will guess that its in the oil pan. Thanks again.

·
Premium Member
4,499 Posts
On Rock Auto, it's simply called the oil level sensor under the engine category. $12.68 plus shipping. And that location seems plausible.

·
Premium Member
4,153 Posts
They show that dual level/temp sensor is located just a few inches away from (an on the same side) as the oil pan drain plug.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, its a couple inches behind the drain plug, removed with a 10mm socket and a 6" extension, very easy. Got an AC Delco sensor from Amazon, $12.59 and free shipping, problem solved.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts