Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SO, I started a thread on exhaust mods and asking what was the best bang for my buck and many in the thread (under the same title in the exhaust forum) suggested that the best value for the dollar was SuperChip Cortex (w/ supporting tune).

Now, as I stated in my other thread, I am about as far away from being a mechanic as one can get (yes, I can change my own oil :)) and this idea of performance chips is new to me. I have been reading up and watched a couple of videos (
) and the idea of programming a chip/tuner is completely foreign to me. I know my way around a pc or laptop but never experienced a chip mod before.

Question: watching this video, the suggestion of purchasing the chip with "supporting tune" isn't a language I know or yet understand. I have purchased a Volant CAI, Solo Axle Backs. Is this Cortex chip a reach for me? I have a shop I work with (there installing the other mods) and know what they are doing ...should I get them involved?

I was blown away by the tremendous response on my exhaust query, and keep in mind, I'm just an old fart newbie :eek:ldfogey: Any help is greatly appreciated. Thx!

· Leadfoot
704 Posts
I have been contemplating a cortex tuner for some time now. Lets hear about your experience once you have played around with it. I am interested to hear your results.

I am curious about the tunes though, are there pre-existing tunes that you can simply grab and upload? Or do you have to manually configure all of the settings. Example: I have just a rotofab CAI. Is there a pre-built generic tune to start with made to work with the rotofab?

Also does the cortex have the ability to firm up the shifting? Can it remove the throttle governor? And can it raise the redline rev-limiter?

· Premium Member
3,675 Posts
I have been contemplating a cortex tuner for some time now. Lets hear about your experience once you have played around with it. I am interested to hear your results.

I am curious about the tunes though, are there pre-existing tunes that you can simply grab and upload? Or do you have to manually configure all of the settings. Example: I have just a rotofab CAI. Is there a pre-built generic tune to start with made to work with the rotofab?

Also does the cortex have the ability to firm up the shifting? Can it remove the throttle governor? And can it raise the redline rev-limiter?
Yes
Yes
Yes
Yes
And yes

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

· Leadfoot
704 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.