1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
444 Posts
Get rid of the Pirellis and you'll be fine.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Nothing looks wrong with it, looks like you landed yourself a good deal.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Looks like a pretty good deal to me!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
you mean just from the way the car is sitting you think the strut mounts are collapsed?

My current daily driver Pontiac GP has 150k on it, and it could have used new shocks/struts a long, long time ago. I think for this G8, I will actually spend the money and have it done!

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
That knob to the right of the radio was for the 400 shot nitrous, the car was at the track every Thursday night and Sunday's the past year..... Just kidding, April Fools.

Looks like a good deal though, you done alright.

·
Its Good To Be Tha King
9,064 Posts
you mean just from the way the car is sitting you think the strut mounts are collapsed?

My current daily driver Pontiac GP has 150k on it, and it could have used new shocks/struts a long, long time ago. I think for this G8, I will actually spend the money and have it done!
The gap between the strut top and body, is an indication that the mounts are somewhat collapsed. Not a huge issue, nothing unsafe, just something to keep in mind when upgrading. Polyurethane strut mounts are the way to go IMO.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Looks like you got yourself a pretty good deal. The AutoCheck report included with the auction checks out, and here's a link to the Car Fax report:
carfax.com/VehicleHistory/Report.cfx?inventoryId=144159174&consumerZip=48335&source=CFX

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
how do people drive that much in 3 years???
I know....he must have been a vacuum cleaner salesman or something. My current GP had 125k on it in 2009 when I bought it in 09 (it's an 05), and I don't think I've put a nickel into that car besides brakes and tires. So I've had pretty good luck with newer, high miles Pontiacs!

Seriously tho....what is that knob by the radio?

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Seriously tho....what is that knob by the radio?
Someone had a custom mount there for their GPS or their phone. Check around, there are mounts made to mount in that spot for the G8.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
About this Discussion
14 Replies
10 Participants
Supercharged
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing