Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow!! Took my car out tonight for the first time this year with fall like temps and OMG do our cars love the cooler temps. Went out and it was 56 degrees and not all that humid for a night this cool and my car ran great. If I could only get it to the track on a cool night like this!

Anyways I busted out my dynolicious app just for the heck of it. Its very consistant (being correct is debatable) but always consistant and good for comparison. That said here is what I ran today with a few 0-40 runs (Average) vs. my overall vehicle average. My average 0-60 is 7.49 and Quarter is 15.52. Its just amazing how much difference the right air can make. I'd love to hit the track with these kind of temps. Might get in the 15.2 +/-.1.

It probably helps I made a air scoop with my LPM that feeds cool air right into the snorkel mod I have set up. Its a 6 inch wide 2 inch tall scoop that has the shape of a trapazoid (SP?) to create more air velocity into the area. its angled right into the lower of the 2 rectangle panels in my snorkel. Ghetto I know but it makes a HUGE difference.

0-10 .76 - .89 (New rear tires makes the difference here)
0-20 1.65 - 1.85
0-30 2.72 - 2.99
0-40 3.85 - 4.23

MaX Acceleration .63Gs vs. .59Gs

·
'Mod'erator
4,887 Posts
get her to the track!

·
Registered
214 Posts
I also wonder how accurate the app is, but comparison is always useful. You definitely should take her to the track! Was this all at full throttle?

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I also wonder how accurate the app is, but comparison is always useful. You definitely should take her to the track! Was this all at full throttle?
I brake torqued her enough to get her to 1100 RPMS (Quarter Peddle) and when the light turned green I mashed her right to the floor. With this intake I made I get my best launches this way. It seemed to bog with the stock intake with this approach. Also. I got a set of continental extreme contact DWS on the rears and it felt like I had track traction on city streets so it should launch like a rocket at the track (Still spun a little but nothing like the stock RSAs)

If I find time and the right opportunity (Air Quality) I will go for sure. The app has its flaws but overall its a great comparison tool. I took her to the track in June with 1725 DA and my runs ranged between 15.430 to 15.615. My app average for the quarter is 15.52 (MPH is over stated but ETs are real close) so it cant be all that off for the quarter. The thing that is worthless is the 60' for accuracy (comparison is fine). The best I have gotten is 2.50 on the app but got a 2.248 [email protected] the track. One would think that the 330' and 600' would be way off because the 60' is off but it was within a tenth every run I compared so I think its halfway decent (its probably a setup issue). The one thing I know for sure is that its consistent and that's all you really need (To know if a mod or setup is better or worse). The time can be settled at the track.

·
Premium Member
2,191 Posts
My tourq app said i ran a 16.1 and slip said i ran 15.63, big difference.and said first 432 hp then 277, doubt correct.lg what app do you use?

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
My tourq app said i ran a 16.1 and slip said i ran 15.63, big difference.and said first 432 hp then 277, doubt correct.lg what app do you use?
It's called Dynolicious for the iPhone. It has treated me well. I just hold it in my cup holder and the movement sensors do their thing.

2008 Pontiac G8

Sep 17, 2011 9:45 PM
Acceleration

0-10 MPH: 0.76 sec
0-20 MPH: 1.65 sec
0-30 MPH: 2.72 sec
0-40 MPH: 3.85 sec
Elapsed Time

60': 2.50 sec @ 27.1 MPH
Miscellaneous

Max Speed: 47.1 MPH
Max Acceleration: 0.63 G's
Peak Horsepower: 193 HP

Generated by Dynolicious

Sent from my iPhone

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
She was breathing much deeper on the way home tonight : ) 54 degrees F

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Its been raining practically daily lately and humid as heck when its not. Its been a constant 75-95% humidity for the past several days. Cant wait for dryer air.

·
Premium Member
2,191 Posts
Friday is the last TnT for the year,only in the 50's so should be premo for times. Hopefully no rain ........ I'll try to post at track as i do my pass's.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Friday is the last TnT for the year,only in the 50's so should be premo for times. Hopefully no rain ........ I'll try to post at track as i do my pass's.
Awesome. I hope the weather holds out for ya. That would be nice to get some 50 degree runs. Only thing is the air preasure will prob be lower and humidity higher do to the rain in the short term forecast but regardless the biggest factor is temp so I'd take it.

Well if your willing to make the haul I believe Dragway 42 has TNT's every tuesday and friday through October if you want more runs. I am sure its not as nice as the place you go to but its a track none the less.

Good Luck!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts