Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was working on the rear diff install and thought it would be fun to do a comparison video. Magnaflow mid-muffler was recently installed. For those on the fence about it, it's so choice. If you have the means i highly recommend it. You can hear how much it tones down the exhaust but doesn't kill the sound. And, zero drone. Like, none. Enjoy!

Attachments

·
Vendor
400 Posts
Nice videos. The Solo catback is similar to yout setup as well, Mid muffler set up with Jpipes in the back. We usually recommend a mid muffler for anyone looking to reduce sound or a Magnaflow Xpipe (resonator delete) for anyone looking to add sound

·
Registered
32 Posts
Curious if anyone has done it this way, using two 4in resonators. I also have Kooks headers and midpipe but removed Solo axle backs for GXP mufflers because it was too loud. I figured this route would make the piping more free flowing and not have the two crossings:
https://www.ctsvowners.com/forum/6-exhaust/16841-magnaflow-resonators-kooks-headers-midpipe.html#/topics/16841

Unfortunately the videos the person posted were removed.

Below are the different lengths I think would work depending on midpipe diameter and from what I gathered in that other forum:

Magnaflow 14419 (3in In/Out Diameter, 4in Case Diameter, 20in Overall length)

Magnaflow 10436 (2.5 In/Out Diameter, 4in Case Diameter, 22in Overall length)

Pypes MVR203S (3in In/Out Diameter, 4in Case Diameter, 14in Overall length)

Vibrant 1795 (3in In/Out Diameter, 4in Case Diameter, 18in Overall length)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts