Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
These are personal preferences, but since you asked, I think you've got too many emblems on the car in general especially on the rear of the car. I think just the supercharged emblem on the trunk would be enough. I'd try to find a smaller supercharged emblem and offset the placement on the upper part of the trunk or maybe right above where you have the G8 GT emblems currently.

It's you car though, put those emblems where it makes you happy.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
I like the SUPERCHARGED on the doors. I'm not a fan of the arrowhead anywhere except the center.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I stole the supercharge door idea from the Cadillac STS-V; the emblems are straight from Caddy. IMO it really looks like an OEM setup.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Not a fan. ALL emblems just look out of place, and generic. This is just my thoughts, since you asked

·
Registered
302 Posts
Not a fan of emblems overall (dirt & polish catchers) so since you asked 'It's an overload overall, specially the rear'.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Could live with th G8 GT placement, not so much with the arrowhead.
Previous owner de-badged my trunk, which is the look I perfer....like to keep'em guessing.
Its still fun when people ask, What kind of car is that?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the opinions. I expected the rear to be controversial. My main goal with the rear was to be different than all the others.

Personally I'm not a fan of full debadging since it can imply that I'm ashamed of driving a Pontiac.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Don't like the trunk setup. And, do you really want people to know you're supercharged? What they don't know can't hurt them. Or can it (evil mad scientist laugh)?

·
Registered
845 Posts
Please tell me the car actually has a supercharger

·
Registered
469 Posts
I've never been a fan of advertising what you have under the hood. All the factory "HEMI392" and "HEMI 5.7 LITER" and "5.0" and more generic "V8" or "V6" for a lot of the foreign cars/trucks... Who cares??? It's so tacky.

Probably the people that you'll impress with your car/motor are car people that already know what the car has in it, and would rather HEAR than see, "SUPERCHARGED G8 GT."
The non-car people won't know and won't care and it's not going to impress them.

I'm debadged, all but the Pontiac emblem in the center of the trunk... Because I AM proud that it's a Pontiac, but prefer a clean, badge-less look.

All that being said... I do actually like the staggered/offset "G8 GT," but would have put it near where it went originally and not below the top license plate indent line.

But to each their own, and if it makes you happy and you like it. Again, who cares??? Do what you want!

·
every village has one
2,168 Posts
If you like them, that's all that counts.
I'd have to agree with previous others though.
Teddy Roosevelt's theory "walk softly and carry a big stick"...
A really big f***ing stick

·
Registered
209 Posts
The G8 looks ok don't like the others

·
Flying the Pontiac Flag
554 Posts
Personally, I like plain old OEM emblems where they came from the factory. The G8 isn't overdone with emblems so it's OK stock. Maybe see if you can find some OEM looking "SC" emblems that would be low key and hint at the "big stick" under the hood. :)

·
'Mod'erator
4,887 Posts
I like the supercharged emblem. I would put it on the lower rocker panel by the wheel. Where did you get it?

·
Sarcasm Personified
3,900 Posts
Nope, not feeling it all. As long as you like it that's all that matters. I agree with the Yeti's suggestion about the placement of the supercharged badge.

·
Registered
645 Posts
You asked for opinions and you are certainly getting them. :smile2:

I'm okay with the "Supercharged" emblems where they are although it's not where I would have put it. I do not like the emblems on the trunk at all—not the Arrowhead or the G8 GT emblems. If there are emblems, I'd prefer them to look factory. These, most decidedly, do not.

But, as others have said, it's your car so you should do what makes you happy, no matter what the reset of us say.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts