Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2009 G8 GT, sport red metallic, automatic with a sunroof that I am thinking about selling. I love the car, but am thinking about getting something different. The one bad thing about the car is that is has 214k miles on it and burns a little oil now. It runs great and I've always used synthetic oil in it and changed the oil regularly. Its been a pretty trouble free car. The only things I've had go wrong were just tires, brakes, suspension parts, normal wear stuff. The car is bone stock, has the normal paint chips in the hood and a small dent in the back door that isn't very noticeable (maybe I can get it pulled out). Before I go to a dealer and get lowballed or ripped off I want to get educated a little on what you guys think it is worth.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Kbb lists it as between $5,200-$7,100 under good condition. I would think you should be able to get closer to 9 assuming it still is in good shape. Let us know what the dealer says....you never know.

·
Registered
9 Posts
IMO the only thing going against you is the mileage, 214k is high and since GM isn't know for car's going 300-500k like Toyota. With that said if I were to sell my car with less than 100K I would get 12k private party. How many other G8's are in your area and what do you think your car is worth?

The dealership isn't going to care about an oil issue if you don't tell them but a private buyer is going to be concerned because the miles are so high.

·
Premium Member
4,629 Posts
Gat a quote from CarMax, then add some. You’ll be in the ball park.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
IMO the only thing going against you is the mileage, 214k is high and since GM isn't know for car's going 300-500k like Toyota. With that said if I were to sell my car with less than 100K I would get 12k private party. How many other G8's are in your area and what do you think your car is worth?

The dealership isn't going to care about an oil issue if you don't tell them but a private buyer is going to be concerned because the miles are so high.
There are not many G8 GTs around here. Kbb says the value is $6,696 - $8,392, so I guess I should ask somewhere in the middle. It just seems like this is one of those strange cars that sells for far above blue book prices. I could try carmax and see what they say. Do they really offer decent prices for your car?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts