Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys... Looking for a little help here. I have been looking to get into a 09 GT with as low of miles as possible. I came across this one which is about an hour from my place. I've exchanged a couple emails with a salesguy and even talked to him today.

http://www.oshkoshchevrolet.com/VehicleDetails/certified-2009-Pontiac-G8-G8_GT-Oshkosh-WI/1942108143

I like the idea of it being a CPO but does that really matter? What are some of the things I need to be looking for here? Does anything stand out to you as a reg flag? The dealer said it has new tires and rear brakes, turned front rotors, all the service records (including replace the control arms at 21,xxx miles), and the accident listed in the Carfax was a parking lot bump that only made the record because the cops were called.

So, do you think it's worth taking a drive to check out? What would be a reasonable price- obviously depending on condition etc?

Thanks for any help/insight. I'm really excited about finding one but I definitely don't want to make a dumb decision based on emotion here!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought it seemed a bit high. I came across another with 40,000 miles the dealer wants 24,000 for.

Guess I'll keep my search going.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I would bro. I got my 08 GT for 21k otd. It had 36k on the clock, headers, x-pipe, CAI, and tune.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I don't think I would write this car off without looking at it a little closer. One of the best things GM has stateside is the CPO program. Some pretty good piece of mind there. Also no matter what some salesman tells you on the phone 24,994 is just a number. Not what the car is going to sell for....IMO

·
Registered
249 Posts
I don't think I would write this car off without looking at it a little closer. One of the best things GM has stateside is the CPO program. Some pretty good piece of mind there. Also no matter what some salesman tells you on the phone 24,994 is just a number. Not what the car is going to sell for....IMO

I cannot agree more! My car was priced at 23k and some change. After long negotiations, and walking out of the dealer a few times. They came down. I remember the sales manager telling me he was only making 85 dollars off the sale. I found out later on from Saturnine, the previous owner, that they bought the car from her for 17,500. So they will lie through their teeth to make every dime they can. Be patient, and good things will come. I know it is hard to wait, especially when you want something bad. The last thing you want is to have regrets, trust me, I've been there. Patience truly is a virtue!

·
Registered
249 Posts
Also, Just to clarify. Not all dealers are like this. I have met a few guys who are no nonsense, and will truly give you their best deal. Don't want to bash on the dealerships, since there are the good ones out there!!

·
Registered
134 Posts
You got the right idea there xero G8. Having been on that side of the desk I know one thing for sure that no dealer is going to let a reasonable offer walk out. There's no money in a car sitting on the lot. And no dealer advertises a price thats $85 over cost. No matter what they want you to believe. Is it the color you want? Are the miles OK? Is it in good shape? Then come up with a number and stick to it (Say $22500 for instance) and be willing to walk. Make that number about $400 or 500 less than your willing to pay. If they think your serious they are still going to try and bump you after you make like your walking. And again that CPO is worth something too...IMO

·
Registered
640 Posts
Great color but yea 25k is wonky high. Get 3-4k off and you're golden.

·
Registered
85 Posts
You got the right idea there xero G8. Having been on that side of the desk I know one thing for sure that no dealer is going to let a reasonable offer walk out. There's no money in a car sitting on the lot. And no dealer advertises a price thats $85 over cost. No matter what they want you to believe. Is it the color you want? Are the miles OK? Is it in good shape? Then come up with a number and stick to it (Say $22500 for instance) and be willing to walk. Make that number about $400 or 500 less than your willing to pay. If they think your serious they are still going to try and bump you after you make like your walking. And again that CPO is worth something too...IMO
This post it golden.
I walked on a deal a few weeks ago for $200. The car was on their lot for 2 months. Needless to say my phone was ringing before I got home. I ended up finding a better deal on a better GT. The GT they had is still sitting there:wink2:

·
Registered
640 Posts
I know I paid a bit more than I should have for my car but they really have you by the balls when they know you traveled 200 miles to see the car. I would have absolutely walked out on these guys if they were local...

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hey guys... Looking for a little help here. I have been looking to get into a 09 GT with as low of miles as possible. I came across this one which is about an hour from my place. I've exchanged a couple emails with a salesguy and even talked to him today.

http://www.oshkoshchevrolet.com/VehicleDetails/certified-2009-Pontiac-G8-G8_GT-Oshkosh-WI/1942108143

I like the idea of it being a CPO but does that really matter? What are some of the things I need to be looking for here? Does anything stand out to you as a reg flag? The dealer said it has new tires and rear brakes, turned front rotors, all the service records (including replace the control arms at 21,xxx miles), and the accident listed in the Carfax was a parking lot bump that only made the record because the cops were called.

So, do you think it's worth taking a drive to check out? What would be a reasonable price- obviously depending on condition etc?

Thanks for any help/insight. I'm really excited about finding one but I definitely don't want to make a dumb decision based on emotion here!

Dont rush into it and that price is a little to high!

·
BOOOOOOOOOOST
702 Posts
You can buy mine with 45K miles and a brand new Coan stall in it for 26.

·
Registered
640 Posts
That does seem high. I am selling mine with 10,400 miles for 24,590 obo.
Wow 10k? Man that's impressive. You original owner? Hat a gt?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
About this Discussion
17 Replies
12 Participants
RoflsupG8
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing