Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title states, My Opt-7 H11 Low beam bulbs are shot after installing them February of 2017.

I was extra careful during install and modified my dust caps so they still sealed correctly. I have NO condensation in my headlights, yet the heat sink fan in one went dead and I can't figure out what is wrong with the other. My wiring is all stock, battery good etc. If you look on amazon, other people noted their OPT-7 bulbs died after a year or so.

For replacement, I am going down the LED road again, but chose the new Morimoto LED bulbs from G8 only. I won't put a link in here but I should have them by this weekend.

I'd like to hear back from other guys who installed LED low beams and see how they are lasting. To note, the OPT-7 LEDs in my fog lights still work fine.

·
Registered
60 Posts
OP, I purchased OPT7 LEDs last year July 2016 and sold them March 2017 and switched to Morimoto LEDs. Guess what happened in July? My Morimoto LEDs went dead 3 hours apart and the owner that purchased the OPT7 ones from me are still going with no issues. Both have a failure rate and LEDs usually fail in the first year if the are faulty. Get them replaced under warranty. Sell them after if you'd like. Morimoto ones are a little better than Opt7 but a pain to install because you have to cup the dust caps to fit their extended covers. Also if you have a Rotofab CAI you'll have to cut the airbox for driver side cover to fit. FYI.

·
Registered
341 Posts
I just pulled my opt7 Fluxbeam X after a week because I didn't think they cast a useful beam - more like a diffuse glow near the car that didn't project down the road at all. And these are supposed to be their even brighter ones. Going to return them, maybe go with Morimoto HIDs, haven't decided yet....

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OP, I purchased OPT7 LEDs last year July 2016 and sold them March 2017 and switched to Morimoto LEDs. Guess what happened in July? My Morimoto LEDs went dead 3 hours apart and the owner that purchased the OPT7 ones from me are still going with no issues. Both have a failure rate and LEDs usually fail in the first year if the are faulty. Get them replaced under warranty. Sell them after if you'd like. Morimoto ones are a little better than Opt7 but a pain to install because you have to cup the dust caps to fit their extended covers. Also if you have a Rotofab CAI you'll have to cut the airbox for driver side cover to fit. FYI.
****, that's not what I wanted to hear. I do have a Roto fab too, and I don't want to cut the air box.

As for the people saying warranty them - I can't and it's my fault. I bought them over a year ago, but waited to install them because I was busy. Oh well.

I was hoping the morimoto LEDs would be more reliable because of the name. I don't want to go to HID because it's not a simple plug n play, but I might have to if this doesn't work out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts