Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered my SLP Powerflo axle-backs. They should ship out on the 10th. I'll let you know how they sound once I bolt them up. Below are the stock pics and video.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Brian,

Yes, please let me know if you have any drone at highway cruising speeds. I tried on some Magnaflows and the drone was unbearable at 100km (62 mph). As soon as the 4 cylinder mode kicked in, it was even more intense. I had to put the factory mufflers back on. I'm interested in SLP powerflow due to the claim there's no resonance.
Regards,
CanuckG8GT

·
Registered
27 Posts
Keep in mind the video is the "Loudmouth" version. No muffler, only straight-thru pipe. The "Powerflow" (with muffler) will still be more agressive than the stock though.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Keep in mind the video is the "Loudmouth" version. No muffler, only straight-thru pipe. The "Powerflow" (with muffler) will still be more agressive than the stock though.
that is correct. Sorry, i forgot to note that. They admit the Loudmouth has the resonance (drone) problem, but the Powerflo is not supposed to. Hopefully not for this cost.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Did you order directly through SLP Performance or some other performance shop? Price comparable to SLP website - $624.95?
no, i ordered it through a buddy who has a connection to SLP. Got it for $600 to the door.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I ordered my power flo's from New Era for $594 shipped back on the 22nd of Feb. Still haven't recieved them, but I am looking forward to putting them on. I liked how deep they were at idle, but not raspy. I just got the New Era OTR intake on this weekend, and the engine noise is more noticeable now, which is what I wanted. Hopefully the exhaust will get here this week.

·
Registered
27 Posts
As with everyone else here, please post once you've installed to let everyone know whether there's any drone at normal highway cruising speed which triggers the 4 cylinder mode. I had to take a pair of Magnaflow mufflers off due to the drone which was unbearable. BTW does the SLP powerflo include the pipe that enters the back part of the muffler. This is the pipe from the flange with the two bolts or does the Powerflo only include the muffler and tip. This means you'll have to cut the stock muffler off and clamp on the new. Let me know please. Thanks.

·
I Void Warranties
1,438 Posts
holyrollerz, do you have headers? Can you post up an exhaust clip once you get them installed? Thanks.

Maryland Speed has them for $562.45 + $10 shipping.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
As with everyone else here, please post once you've installed to let everyone know whether there's any drone at normal highway cruising speed which triggers the 4 cylinder mode. I had to take a pair of Magnaflow mufflers off due to the drone which was unbearable. BTW does the SLP powerflo include the pipe that enters the back part of the muffler. This is the pipe from the flange with the two bolts or does the Powerflo only include the muffler and tip. This means you'll have to cut the stock muffler off and clamp on the new. Let me know please. Thanks.
Their site says this is a bolt-on, so I'm assuming it's all the way back to that flange.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
holyrollerz, do you have headers? Can you post up an exhaust clip once you get them installed? Thanks.

Maryland Speed has them for $562.45 + $10 shipping.
Not yet. I want the Kooks LT, but that'll take a while to save for.

That price you listed, is that for long-tube headers or the shorty? Do you have a link? I didn't see them on the G8 exhaust page

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I went with the loudmouth, we will see how she sounds, I just like the way their tips fit in the space and the way they look, if to loud or annoying up for sale they go.

Ron
The Powerflo's have the same tips. The SLP site says that the Loudmouth will have interior cabin resonance. That was why I opted against them.

·
Hawthorne Engine 1
889 Posts
I would love to hear as well.. the tips are badass too...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Called SLP Monday to see if they had shipped mine yet, but Christine(sp?) said she was pretty sure that they are back-ordered right now. Not what I wanted to hear, but we will see..I have to call back and see if they shipped on Friday.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Good news! Power flo's came in today! Took about 45 mins to get em installed, and now it sounds great! Not overly loud like the flowmasters on my truck. These just have a really deep tone. They don't really get much louder when you hit the gas. Maybe just a bit louder, but it's not bad at all! I was concerned that it would be too loud, since this is the wife's car and she doesn't want that, but she likes is alot. I haven't gotten it on the highway yet. It started to snow here right when I got home today, and the roads are slick. Making a trip to Bowling Green, Ky on Saturday for a paintball tournament, so I will get a chance to check out the resonance issue. So far, I am impressed.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts