Pontiac G8 Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Good news! Power flo's came in today! Took about 45 mins to get em installed, and now it sounds great! Not overly loud like the flowmasters on my truck. These just have a really deep tone. They don't really get much louder when you hit the gas. Maybe just a bit louder, but it's not bad at all! I was concerned that it would be too loud, since this is the wife's car and she doesn't want that, but she likes is alot. I haven't gotten it on the highway yet. It started to snow here right when I got home today, and the roads are slick. Making a trip to Bowling Green, Ky on Saturday for a paintball tournament, so I will get a chance to check out the resonance issue. So far, I am impressed.
Thanks for the update. I'll be checking for your comments on the highway results.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Just got back from Bowling Green. Mostly two lane rural roads on the way, 55-60 mph. There is a deep rumble around those rpms, but I don't consider it over-bearing. My 02 Tundra with CAI, TB spacer, headers, and custom true dual exhaust with 40 series Flowmasters is LOUD. This is nowhere near that. Some people might not like it, because it is a deep tone, but I like it.

·
Don't Tread on Me
90 Posts
I just installed my Power Flo exhaust yesterday. If you like the quietness of your stock exhaust it is not for you. On the hwy the AFM drone is very loud. Also mild resonance at 2,000 rpms in 6th gear. IMHO SLP could have done a better job at this exhaust.

·
Registered
15 Posts
If you like the quiteness, why would you change the exhaust at all? Any aftermarket exhaust is going to be louder. That's why you put one on. I happen to like it because it's not TOO loud, but it lets you know its there.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts