Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 08 V6 G8 that has about 93k miles on it. I have noticed the ride has been getting very harsh and I feel it is time to change out the struts. I am looking at going with the G8 GXP FE3 suspension kit from Pace. I was wondering if you guys feel there is anything else I should order when I do the suspension work. For example springs, rubber boots, bushings or anything else. If you guys can think of anything I may have forgot or need that would be great. Also thank you for the help.

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
If your replacing the struts, get new bushings and bearings. No need for springs IMO.

·
Registered
5,682 Posts
If it were my car while you have it all apart you may as well throw on a set of Eibach springs, it'll change the way the whole car feels. As for the strut bushings I went with BMR mounts.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was looking into getting the BMR bushing kits for my car. I was just wondering if there is any other options out there for bushing kits on the G8. I also just ordered my FE3 strut set from pace this week.

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
I have searched this site for options on suspension upgrades for my V6. I think I am going to keep the stock struts & shocks and purchase this.

http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/search/?Ntt=e2745485880&searchType=global&N=0&submit=

Also I wasn't sure if the sway bar measurements will match up or not. I have never done modding on a car and would like this to be my first big mod.

What do you guys think?
I would just get the lowering springs and get BMR or Whiteline sway bars. You'll need to upgrade the end links anyway. And if you're talking about new struts the FE3 are better and can be found for less money than the FE2s.

·
Registered
14 Posts

·
Its Good To Be Tha King
9,064 Posts
FE3 along with the front arm kit (from pace).
Adding aftermarket springs are strongly suggested while she's apart (Eibachs are good for the price).
BMR for bushings, strut mounts with new bearings, and sway-bars.
Only replace the end links if they are broken IMO.

·
Registered
2,145 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
FE3 along with the front arm kit (from pace).
Adding aftermarket springs are strongly suggested while she's apart (Eibachs are good for the price).
BMR for bushings, strut mounts with new bearings, and sway-bars.
Only replace the end links if they are broken IMO.
Yes and with these sways you could keep the stock end links. BMR and whiteline are good brands
Thank you for the information.

One last questions, are the FE3 struts online somewhere for me to purchase or should I keep an eye out in the sales forum?

·
Registered
288 Posts
I ordered my FE3 suspension a few days ago from Pace performance. I went to put in Eibach's last week. While having it apart, my front strut bearing came apart on both sides, and I noticed my front struts were shot. So, I got it back together, left the rear alone, ordered strut mounts from Kollar racing, and the FE3's. I'll finish install when I have it all. For now, my car has a rake to it, with a 1" drop in front and stock rear lol.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I just got my Whiteline mounts in from Kollar. I used them for my GTO, now this car as well. They have always been top notch.

·
Registered
42 Posts
i went looking for the FE3 suspension (strut and shock) but couldnt seem to find it?? i have eibachs ready to go in but wanted to put them on new parts

·
Premium Member
3,216 Posts
i went looking for the FE3 suspension (strut and shock) but couldnt seem to find it?? i have eibachs ready to go in but wanted to put them on new parts
I didnt have any issue at all finding it...FE3's Where are You??? 3rd one down GMP-92227682

·
Registered
42 Posts
If I'm not mistaken or have read this thread wrong, the fe3 will work on the v6 correct?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Suspension is one of the few things I haven't worked with much

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.