Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If someone wants to jump on it prior to PDI I can arrange for the front plate to not be installed.

White hot with two tone leather

CF5:

Sunroof
P43:Tire Inflator Kit PZ6:Wheels, 19" Polished Aluminium, 5-Spoke QCZ:Tire, P245/40R19-94W, Summer, Blackwall UWP:Sound System, AM/FM Stereo w/6 Disc CD Player YF5:Emissions, CA

·
Registered
75 Posts
Drool!

·
Registered
329 Posts
Whats the price tag on this one to include the Gas Tax?

·
GXPanther
831 Posts
hey Nino,

what is PDI?

also here in Texas, about how much is TT&L going to run on a GXP?

·
G8 Owner
82 Posts
Front Plates should not be automatically put on by dealers. This should be something that is left up to the end customer. Ask at time of sale if they would like this to be added.

It will save the dealer $$ if the customer doesn't want it. Put on labor and removal labor!

If they do want it only 1 installation labor.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Front Plates should not be automatically put on by dealers. This should be something that is left up to the end customer. Ask at time of sale if they would like this to be added.

It will save the dealer $$ if the customer doesn't want it. Put on labor and removal labor!

If they do want it only 1 installation labor.
It is required by state law so it must be installed on the vehicle.

·
Premium Member
871 Posts
It is required by state law so it must be installed on the vehicle.
Not necessarily...well, unless there's a really strict TX regulation saying it must be done once a car even touches a TX lot. In the states that require it by law, that doesn't mean those cars will still even be sold there, etc. Case in point, the GT I'm buying is from New Jersey where they have the front plate law but the dealer--as others in the surrounding states here--does not install the brackets until an actual delivery to a Jersey customer or on request. That way, someone like me from Delaware can get a car from them with no holes & rivets, they can dealer trade to DE & PA without those dealers having to worry about it, etc...it's just in the trunk, waiting.

Has always been a solid policy to me, and I wish more would do it.

Killer car, Nino, but keep that thing off of it until a TX delivery or request for it is made;)

·
Premium Member
4,609 Posts

·
I Void Warranties
1,438 Posts
Would love to see more pics please.

Sorry, if these were out 2 months ago with the current deals I would have picked one up then. Hell I would have even went to Texas for it.

·
Premium Member
917 Posts
I'm surprised it's not gone since it's the frist one you got.
I test drove a auto white w/ roof last night. :)
Damn Gary, looking to dump the TBSS already?

·
Premium Member
917 Posts
Oh, and the front plate is a law here too, but most dealers won't install it automatically, law or not... They leave that up to the end purchaser.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Oh, and the front plate is a law here too, but most dealers won't install it automatically, law or not... They leave that up to the end purchaser.
I find that most do install them around here. Sullivan and St. Charles does. :(
ALthough I've bought a few from Sullivan that I was able to tell them to not install it.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts