Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to send my ECM & TCM to have them tuned by Overkill but I'm stuck after the point of removing the blower motor. I can't figure out how to get the blower motor housing out.

I've removed 2 10mm bolts and several screws but I can't get it out.

Any help from others who were successful would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Thanks Overkill, unfortunately those were the instructions I were using.

They seem to unfortunately gloss over the details needed to get pass this step.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the kick panel tip Overkill. I used that method and finally got it out although it was ugly.

The write up instructions really sucked and gave the false impression that it was a pretty straight forward removal when in fact it's pretty invasive. To be honest I almost gave up and decided to use the money towards my slotted rotors.

When time allows I will write up a much more informative step-by-step.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Mine was done without taking blower motor out

·
OGOC Member
2,602 Posts
Hey all, after getting the multiple screws out,the box is pressed into the vent housing.
But after doing a few times,I havent tried to do it with the motor still in.

·
OGOC Member
2,602 Posts
Thanks for the kick panel tip Overkill. I used that method and finally got it out although it was ugly.

The write up instructions really sucked and gave the false impression that it was a pretty straight forward removal when in fact it's pretty invasive. To be honest I almost gave up and decided to use the money towards my slotted rotors.

When time allows I will write up a much more informative step-by-step.
Sorry they didnt help you. It seemed to us to work fine but our interpretation must be different than yours.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry they didnt help you. It seemed to us to work fine but our interpretation must be different than yours.
True very true.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Mine was done without taking blower motor out
How did you accomplish that? I'm asking because TCM is able to be touched and remove from it's cradle once the Kick panel is removed. Also the plug is able to to be disconnected with some trial & error but once that's done I can see how you were able to get it out with the blower housing still in there.

The problem I found was that once the cable was disconnected I wasn't able to lower it out of it's area due to the black plastic plug housing on the TCM. That black plastic plug housing ( the male side to the plug) protruded too far out and caught on the ledge of a thick wire harness.

The only way for me to allow for it to drop down the rest of the way was to remove the blower housing, swing the wire harness loom out a couple of inches and then the TCM was able to drop down out of the way.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts