Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
OGOC Member
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So last weekend I just had my overkill tune installed (thanks to a vary big help!!) and thought I would write a little review.

Right off the bat you can feel the throttle is more responsive the faster you push the more it goes. But at the same time it isn't enough sensitivity to hurt anything on the car.

As I was warned you can easily outdrive you stock break package as well as suspension! I will be upgrading to the FE3 strut package this weekend and we will see how much better she handles the tune then.

In normal mode it is snappy, but the beast truly comes alive in sport mode! The harder you try and push the car, it keeps trying to give you more. From a stand still it is quite easy to roast the tires off the car now :)

All in all I am vary pleased with the tune and I know Will Overkill is working on some new stuff for the tune so can't wait to see what he comes up with this time!!

·
'Mod'erator
4,887 Posts
Nice right up. Amazing what a tune does for these cars. I haven't yet had the privilege or riding in a V6 so I have no idea how big of a jump it is from stock tuning, but I'm sure it must feel great.

·
Registered
105 Posts
It's nice to hear that there are so many good reviews about this tune. Jrokx is there anything you were dissatisfied with or disappointed with? Would you recommend getting the tune now or waiting for the update?

·
OGOC Member
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's nice to hear that there are so many good reviews about this tune. Jrokx is there anything you were dissatisfied with or disappointed with? Would you recommend getting the tune now or waiting for the update?
I would say go for it! If anything it will be for the ECU and if needed that is super easy to change so not to much to do there! But so far I love it.

I just finished putting the FE3 struts in the car so now to wear them in. If you get my drift ;)

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
So last weekend I just had my overkill tune installed (thanks to a vary big help!!) and thought I would write a little review.

Right off the bat you can feel the throttle is more responsive the faster you push the more it goes. But at the same time it isn't enough sensitivity to hurt anything on the car.

As I was warned you can easily outdrive you stock break package as well as suspension! I will be upgrading to the FE3 strut package this weekend and we will see how much better she handles the tune then.

In normal mode it is snappy, but the beast truly comes alive in sport mode! The harder you try and push the car, it keeps trying to give you more. From a stand still it is quite easy to roast the tires off the car now :)

All in all I am vary pleased with the tune and I know Will Overkill is working on some new stuff for the tune so can't wait to see what he comes up with this time!!
I already have his tune & have upgraded to FE3 with bushings, bearings & rear cradle inserts. I would like to upgrade my V6 more but with my GT upgrades I cannot afford to do both.

·
Black Widow
34 Posts
Nice right up. Amazing what a tune does for these cars. I haven't yet had the privilege or riding in a V6 so I have no idea how big of a jump it is from stock tuning, but I'm sure it must feel great.
I got the tune as well and right away I felt a huge difference, Im yet to try the sports mode I was impressed already. I also noticed my gas mileage adding up and saving me fuel and money since i commute 75 miles round trip sometimes. Im really glad it worked thanks, Will Rishworth, at Overkill motorsports. I've order a cai and im looking into the exhaust and headers would love some feed back on cams... Please and thanks.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I got the tune as well and right away I felt a huge difference, Im yet to try the sports mode I was impressed already. I also noticed my gas mileage adding up and saving me fuel and money since i commute 75 miles round trip sometimes. Im really glad it worked thanks, Will Rishworth, at Overkill motorsports. I've order a cai and im looking into the exhaust and headers would love some feed back on cams... Please and thanks.
There is cam package available through MACE however there is no tune that has access to the cam settings to adjust them for our V6s to work properly/ get the most out of them. This is coming from Will at Overkill and Steve at MACE

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thinking about purchasing this tune soon...BUT
Currently I have this problem:

I am finding brake dust on all my rims. My front brakes definitely need to be replaced...they are not squealing yet but you can see the pad is not as thick as it should be. The steering wheel shakes when I brake from high speeds (75+), to avoid the shake I have to really slam the brake pedal

Do I simply need new front brakes? Or is it my rotors? Also, is the brake dust coming from the type of material the brakes are made of?

What kind of brake/suspension set up do y’all recommend?

·
Registered
115 Posts
When I bought my 09 G8 last November, I tried getting ahold of Will and Overkill Motorsports for months. No replies, no nothing. I gave up on the dude and went with someone else.

Glad it worked out for you and I hope he's around for you if you need him in the future.

I know I can count on my guy being around. He's a few hours away from me but I am glad I can count on him. He was a helluva lot cheaper too at 150 bucks. Tuned my G8 for performance and mileage. Sport mode...holy crap. She rips like you wouldn't believe. Getting close to 30 mpg too. Also tuned the trans for shifts. Very very happy with my tune.

Enjoy! Having the base model tuned is a must in my book. Especially if you've done any modifications.
IMG_20190808_065711.jpg
IMG_20190808_065711.jpg
IMG_20190629_181750.jpg

·
Registered
115 Posts
Thinking about purchasing this tune soon...BUT
Currently I have this problem:

I am finding brake dust on all my rims. My front brakes definitely need to be replaced...they are not squealing yet but you can see the pad is not as thick as it should be. The steering wheel shakes when I brake from high speeds (75+), to avoid the shake I have to really slam the brake pedal

Do I simply need new front brakes? Or is it my rotors? Also, is the brake dust coming from the type of material the brakes are made of?

What kind of brake/suspension set up do y’all recommend?

You need new rotors and pads. Sounds like the rotors are pretty warped.

·
Premium Member
4,520 Posts
...Do I simply need new front brakes? Or is it my rotors? Also, is the brake dust coming from the type of material the brakes are made of?What kind of brake/suspension set up do y’all recommend?
1. Have the rotors turned/resurfaced or purchase a new set. 2. Invest in a better set of ceramic brake pads. Typically, semi-metallic brake pads are "harsher" on rotors. 3. Ensure the lugnuts are torqued properly in the correct sequence. 4. Suspension recommendations are dependent on issues trying to remedy or type of ride being sought. Good luck

1 - 13 of 13 Posts