Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just installed a set of Pacesetter LT headers (no cats). Installed my updated tune sent from Livernois and I had three codes pop up, I expected 1 CEL for not having Cats anymore. anyway, the codes I got are;
P1035-Oxygen O2 Sensor Heater Circuit Malfunction (Bank 1, Sensor 1)
P0171-System Too Lean (Bank 1)----- shouldn't the tune have corrected the A/F from being too lean?
P030-HO2S Heater Control Circuit (Bank 1 Sensor 1)

Does anyone think that this could be traced back to the o2 sensor? If so, I wonder if the extender that I installed had a broken wire

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone? bueller? Will it be fine just to get these codes tuned out?

·
Vendor
853 Posts
Anyone? bueller? Will it be fine just to get these codes tuned out?
I spoke to the guys here and they said to check the wiring, especially since you mentioned it may be a broken wire. It could be a dead o2, bad fuse, or broken wiring.

Thank you,

Rick

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks Rick, I'm gonna have to wait till it stops raining till I can shoot some wires

·
Premium Member
4,135 Posts
I see that the fuse that powers up the heater to that HO2 sensor, also powers up (bank 2 sensor 1). So if your not reporting any problems from that side, I doubt it could be the fuse. But a broken wire or lousy connection going to or from that bank 1 sensor 1 is a good thought. If the wiring looks good, you must have a bad heater in that sensor.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's what's I'm thinking, I'm gonna check the resistance of the o2 extende r. Think it will be ok to drive around for the next couple days? I'm assuming the worst that will happen is I get worse gas mileage, correct me if I'm wrong

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Got the o2 sensor fixed, it was a problem with the extension wires. Cleared all codes but brought up a New one, P0449 Evaporative Emission (EVAP) Vent Solenoid Control Circuit. This is the second time I've had this code, first time was after I had my 2.25" pipes swapped for 2.5". this part prevents fuel from leaking in the event of a rollover, yes? No?

·
Premium Member
4,135 Posts
I read that the purpose of the *vent valve solenoid* is to dump excess pressure from the (carbon filled)canister its attached to at the fuel tank. The canister collects the pressure vapor from the tank when necessary. Any excess pressure in the canister minus the vapor is vented overboard through the *vent valve*. That valve is open most of the time. At the appropriate time, when the engine is running, the purge valve (at the engine) will open, an the stored vapor will be pulled out an fed into the engine intake, an the open vent valve will allow fresh air back into the canister, taking the place of the withdrawn vapors. .
I don't see that is has anything to due with fuel protection during a rollover . The car is always running EVAP leak tests to verify that all the components are doing their jobs correctly. The vent valve may not be working correctly, an caused that code to be set.

PS---- That vent valve is shown having its own dedicated fuse to power it. Its shown as fuse (F22 10A) located in the underhood fuse block. But looking at a layout of that fuse block, it says F22 is a spare(as in not used). So I don't know if checking it to see if if its blown, would do any good. Something is messed up in this service manual.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Very interesting. I reset the code and it hasn't popped up, hmmmmm????

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm gonna check the fuse, if the vent valve is actually bad then it will be the second one I've replaced. Gets me thinking something else associated with that system

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
3 Participants
apache64
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing