Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody in Pennsylvania running around with tinted windows? I know our state law for it says 70% all the way around (which is pretty much pointless). I was thinking something of high quality at about 35 or 40%, not looking to go limo. Nobody I know has had tint on a car, my friends have it on trucks, but it's not as noticeable since they start with the factory tint on the rear windows. Obviously it's always a risk, but I wanted to get a feel for how seriously the tint laws are adhered to. If I'm going to just be throwing $200-$300 down the drain I'll save that money for some go fast stuff.

-Matt

·
King-o-Bling
368 Posts
I have 35-40% on both of my cars.....no problems. I did have 20% on my GTP, but that only lasted 6 months before I was pulled over.

·
G8 of Radnor
204 Posts
My brother runs 5 on his Infiniti G35. Had no issues ever. Even when getting pulled over in Radnor Township - they are the dicks of dicks.

If anyone is interested, I can give you the number for a place in Northern Philly. They will do any level tint with lifetime warranty/guarantee for $110 for G8's. Maybe even a group buy.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have never had a problem with tint on my vehicles. I have had them tinted forever. Let me know if you need yours tinted i can do that for you. We do it in house.

·
Registered
433 Posts
My brother runs 5 on his Infiniti G35. Had no issues ever. Even when getting pulled over in Radnor Township - they are the dicks of dicks.

If anyone is interested, I can give you the number for a place in Northern Philly. They will do any level tint with lifetime warranty/guarantee for $110 for G8's. Maybe even a group buy.

Do you speak of Car Optics?

·
Registered
87 Posts
i had 35% on my G6 for 3.5 years and even when getting pulled over for speeding never had any cops say anything about it

·
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for everybody's feedback, I had 35% done all around this past weekend. It looks great, makes the car look much nicer, I think if you have a PBM G8 it's a must. I never noticed before, but now that I'm looking I see all kinds of cars in PA running around with window tint, something you don't notice until you're looking for it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.