Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I bought a MAF from Pace 6/16. I test and find that ohms are weird and not normal off a few of the lead pins. I contact Pace. They tell me to take it to ANY GM dealership and they will replace. I call local Gm dealership. I told the parts Dept rep. what Pace had told me.. He laughed over the phone and said " Ya, that aint happening , thats NOT the way it works ". I call Pace and yer ANOTHER rep tells me that its a GM product and that ANY Dealership can handle the exchange since its a GM part.

Seems strange to think that just because its a GM part that GM will exchange. How many orders has Pace dealt with ????? Very weird.
The last rep stated that PACE is a dealership of sorts and thats why I can go to a different GM dealership to exchange... LOL And........ I really am laughing out loud ! What side do you vote for ?

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
In the future...... Ha..... JUNE 2016 They say it has 1 yr warranty. Another option is to send it back for exchange. They will do this... Go figure.... I tossed the old one I had before this . Pat G couldn't get correct readings on the one before this one, said it was bad. Dang - Just realized I posted this in v6 forum.. MY BAD V6 guys !

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ya, I thought it didnt make sense. But, I thought...... " am I missing something ". So, I tried - to no avail. Sometimes I wish I can put both parties on 3 way calling and listen to them hash it out. Then when the loser admits defeat, ask them : "what the hell were they thinking " !

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
I was thinking Pace is run by a dealership of a different name. If you used that name, I think it would have been a smooth transaction the first time.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I would send it back to PACE they should make good on it,If not that is BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE on there end

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
I agree with the rest, Pace should take it back and they can deal with GM. You should be able to return a defective product to the place you purchased it IMO.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I just ordered a brand new mass air flow sensor from Pace and they told me once I receive it to send the old one back. They said that they would credit my credit card.

·
every village has one
2,166 Posts
I agree with the rest, Pace should take it back and they can deal with GM. You should be able to return a defective product to the place you purchased it IMO.
Agree also. Is is possible Pace was trying to make it convenient for you and had faith that a local dealer would help? Good luck with that.
I had an issue when I bought a new ECU to dump my locked one. For some reason, it wouldn't take the new tune. These cars are electrical nightmares and stuff happens. I talked with Pace and had a new vin matched unit NEXT DAY with a return ship tag for the old one.
Pace has been a butt saver on both boards, whether it's parts, interchanges, conversions, prices, and more.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts