Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have researched the crap out of these thing and still have a few questions.

Does anyone have the uncoated ones? If so how much hotter does it make it under the hood?

I plan on doing a cam later on and don't really wanna have to pay for a tune twice so I'll be driving for a while with the lts with my cortex. Has anyone actually ever experienced anything bad that was caused from this? I know everyone says tunes ASAP but I haven't ever actually heard or read of anyone that it caused issues.

·
Registered
786 Posts
The benefit to having the coated pacesetters is that your protecting the header from the elements leading to rust due to the fact that they are not stainless steel. And if you get them cloated there still damn cheap $ wise. Also of coarse the small added benefit of cooling down quicker and slightly lower engine temps

·
Registered
493 Posts
Not to mention the coated headers are just prettier under the hood!!! Over time the paint burns off the non coated headers and is just a sight for sore eyes when you pop the hood......

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I went with ceramic coated with my mustang so I'm sure I will with the g8. But with my mustang I didn't need a tune for headers.

·
Registered
165 Posts
How was the fitment of the Pacesetters?

·
Registered
460 Posts
My pacesetters coating burnt off underneath, im assuming mich. weather doesnt help...but my headers look like rusted metal underneath the car....kinda scary looking...like you could poke a screw driver through them. Hopefully it doesnt crack and flake off near the engine department.

·
Registered
936 Posts
My pacesetters coating burnt off underneath, im assuming mich. weather doesnt help...but my headers look like rusted metal underneath the car....kinda scary looking...like you could poke a screw driver through them. Hopefully it doesnt crack and flake off near the engine department.
The Armour coat is pretty much a waste IMO. Pacesetter warranties them if they rust through, but not surface rust, AND it's a prorated warranty not covering installation fees. I don't know if they'd hold up any better with a jet hot coating, but I doubt it; it's still thin steel on the inside. For the price though, I'll be happy if they last 3 years of summer driving. They're a 1/4 of the price of kooks, but you'll replace them 4 times before you would a set of high dollar headers. It just depends how much your time is worth redoing it. Luckily (for me at least) it wasn't a big job, only took a few hours.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 9 of 9 Posts