Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got them installed , running no cats xpipe and those small resonators and no mufflers.. Now my center console rattles like a mof, any fix for that lol and is the car supposed to sound like a built stroker carbed motor lol,

·
****cray
2,199 Posts
Just got them installed , running no cats xpipe and those small resonators and no mufflers.. Now my center console rattles like a mof, any fix for that lol and is the car supposed to sound like a built stroker carbed motor lol,

:cartman:

in for the lulz.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Limited amount of characters, Twitter post?

·
Registered
163 Posts
Hold please...let me open my urban dictionary app.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry guys i was was to happy when i wrote this post, i just wanna know if i can fix the rattling under the center console

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
dynamat

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Get under there and look around. Its probably the tunnel brace or some heat shield. Also check the clearance around the frame where the headers turn toward to go back. If its close, it could rattle when the engine moves under throttle.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think left out the part, but the headers werent connected to the rest of exhaust, which only consists of an xpipe and the 2 small resonators, no rear mufflers. Today got the headers welded on to the rest of the exhaust, much much better deff better sounding and no more vibration

·
Registered
140 Posts
when I started my car open headers after my cam swap my grandfather was sleeping on a couch outside, and in my excitement I forgot about him being there... started it up and sure enough scared him so bad he fell off the couch haha I felt bad about it and of course apologized but it certainly was funny!

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Haha yea hearing these cars with open headers is something else

1 - 13 of 13 Posts