Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so my car cover arrived today, and unfortunately the material appears to be too thin to actually protect from acorns. Yeah.... acorns... There is no escaping them unfortunately on the property.

Have any of you placed foam or similar material under the car cover to protect? I am concerned that this may cause mildew and mold growth, but can't be certain. Anybody with such experience with car covers and harsh assaults from above?

·
Registered
210 Posts
Tyvek might work. Works in autoclaves, home building, transfers moisture on the molecular level. Several layers sewn loosely together.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I wasn't intending to spend any more big money on a cover, so I ended up going with a generic solution.... an old comforter placed underneath... :D

Thus far in rain the cover has not seeped at the seams. It needs to go through a heavy rain storm for proper testing and monitoring still, but the last rain left it bone dry under the cover.

The acorns are about done falling, so the comforter will come out in a week or two. I guess I was worried about nothing. :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts