Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody in the Charlotte area know of any good shops for paint work?

I'm talking about a full paint job. I'm sticking with the same color to save some dough rather than a color change. I have heard that Maaco is hit or miss, and I don't know of any good shops otherwise that are good with full car work.

Many of them just do repairs...

Let me know if you have any recommendations.

·
Premium Member
4,628 Posts
Don't use Maaco or Earl Shiester. Find a good quality shop. See who the high end dealers use.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Also recommend researching who the high end dealers use. If you can, find someone to ask at Porsche, Mercedes, Bentley, Rolls Royce, BMW, etc. These dealers often send cars to very specific body shops for paint work. Of course, you'll pay top end...

·
Its Good To Be Tha King
9,064 Posts

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good pointers. I didn't think of that....

I know just who to go to for high end stuff. There's a Maserati dealer on the way home from work. :D
@mgm - I agree and am thinking $3-5K as well. It might increase a bit with a few repairs that I also need to have done.

·
Registered
107 Posts
It's not cheap, but it's much more worth it to do it right than do it cheap. Check out some work they've done for sure. Checking out high end dealerships is probably a good place to get references. You could also look for people that do classic car restoration work too, as opposed to your typical body/paint shop.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's not cheap, but it's much more worth it to do it right than do it cheap. Check out some work they've done for sure. Checking out high end dealerships is probably a good place to get references. You could also look for people that do classic car restoration work too, as opposed to your typical body/paint shop.
That's my thought on it really. Nothing is worse than a cheap job that fades or peels in time. I'm going to save some cost by keeping the same color. That'll cut down on some of the work that would be essential for a color change. I kinda like this color. If anything, I'd want it to be a little deeper in color.

There is a Caliber Collision behind the Bentley dealership on Tyvola, just off I77 (exit 5). They do excellent work and always have really, really nice vehicles in the shop, like the ones listed in the post above mine.

https://calibercollision.com/locate-a-caliber-collision-center/caliber-luxury-charlotte
I drive past there every day, so I suppose it is worth taking a look on the way home to see what they can do. I'll find some others as well, but that's gonna take some digging. So there's one place, thanks. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts