Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you who have painted you're calipers, did you paint the caliper brackets as well?

My G8 is Pacific Slate Metallic aka Karma Blue and I will be doing the calipers in red. Picked up the Dupli-Color caliper kit yesterday and am looking forward to getting these done but after searching the internet, I'm still up in the air about doing the brackets.

So...yes or no on painting the brackets? Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
1,143 Posts
For those of you who have painted you're calipers, did you paint the caliper brackets as well?

My G8 is Pacific Slate Metallic aka Karma Blue and I will be doing the calipers in red. Picked up the Dupli-Color caliper kit yesterday and am looking forward to getting these done but after searching the internet, I'm still up in the air about doing the brackets.

So...yes or no on painting the brackets? Thanks in advance!
If you're going to paint sliding calipers, I would say yes to painting the brackets. But only black or silver.

Some OEMs do paint both the caliper and the bracket the same color.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Yeah, paint the brackets. I've got fully powdercoated on one car and only the calipers on the other. I'll be doing the brackets to make it look completed soon.

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
i painted my brackets and my calipers on my silver gtp. silver black combo. If you're already in there, why not? I'd like to do it on the G8 too, but didn't have the time or motivation during my last brake job.

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
Looks good but I'm not really sold on black brackets. I'm thinking either red or silver.
my opinion after doing these and seeing others is that black is a good contrast to any caliper color. However, you can also paint the calipers black and the brackets the color of your choice.

·
Registered
144 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The red is the perfect contrast to the pacific slate metallic surprisingly! I still need to do the rear calipers but I'm very happy with the way it came out. Check out the pics...

Also painting the engine covers the color of the car. Maybe some red on the raised areas. Still up in the air on that one.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
Red calipers are Good. A good choice is to match the caliper bracket to the colour of the centre hub. Silver or black and the 2 popular choices there .If black it should be semi gloss or Flat.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
About this Discussion
15 Replies
9 Participants
rockinlespaul
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing