Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had 4 quarter sized dings fixed today. Amazing job, took less than an hour and reasonably priced. I won't post where it was done, but PM me if anyone in the GTA needs this done. The car looks practically flawless now.

·
Premium Member
1,385 Posts
Nice... I really need to get my rear bumper redone, lol

·
OGOC Member
773 Posts
Hmm.... I have a small dent in a door. Pretty much no one notices but me, but now that I've spotted it, it's annoying!

Can you PM me the info, please?

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
PM sent.

·
OGOC Member
773 Posts
Finally got around to getting this done on Friday!

Two dents removed, one near the front edge of the rear passenger door, the other in the quarter panel in front of the gas cap door. First one was done in about ten minutes. For the second one, he had to remove the wheel and the plastic wheel well tub, then drill a hole up into the inner, unseen (metal) part of the quarter panel, so he could get his tools up and in behind the dent. Pretty uncomfortable to hear him drill into the panel (no, I couldn't watch :(), but he filled the hole with one of those rubber panel grommet things (that are in most cars already) and some sealant before putting everything back together. Really nice job, dents not detectable at all now and, as suggested by the title of this thread, no paint damage whatsoever.

Thanks for posting this, Jay!

·
Registered
457 Posts
Nice. Do they need to get behind the panel to fix it? I ask because I have a nickle size dent about 2 inches toward the front from the gas cap door. Looks like it my be hard to get behind.

·
OGOC Member
773 Posts
Well, I'm no expert, but seems to me that the only way to do this right is to skilfully/artfully push the metal back into its original shape. That means getting behind the panel, one way or another. I've seen YouTube vids of guys trying cold/heat combinations to 'magically' pop a dent, but haven't seen much real success (didn't search too long, so I could be wrong). So, for the price, it seemed like a no-brainer to go to a guy who's doing this for a living vs. attempting myself.

Sounds like your dent is pretty much the same spot my second one was. In fact, mine was right along the edge of the body line that passes at mid-height of the gas cap, which I thought might make it challenging to fix without leaving some evidence, but it cant be seen at all... looks great!

I went to this guy because I know Karlhungus and his recommendation was good enough for me. If you're interested, either one of us can flip you the guy's details.

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Happy it worked out. He really knows what he's doing.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Please PM the guys details.
I have the gas cap dent plus a couple of others.
What sort of costs are involved?

·
Registered
51 Posts
PM sent to you karlhungus

·
OGOC Member
773 Posts
Please PM the guys details.
I have the gas cap dent plus a couple of others.
What sort of costs are involved?
PM coming...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts