Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Had a fun day at the track Saturday. Even convinced a friend to bring his new(250mi) ZL1. Couldnt seem to get it dialed in. These are detuned till broke in? Anyway, The G8s did respectable. Very surprised the white car was SOOO close to 12s. A friend who has never been to a track,let alone driven a G8 did a bang up job. As for the new black car build... came in at lower end of my predictions. Was thinking maybe 12.2-12.3 They are getting stricter with helmets now at Ubly. Thats Ok though.Her is a vid from our second run. Didnt get our best on video but this was close. With t/c on. DA 1360'

Our last and best run

Attachments

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
A 12.5 is nothing to be mad about. Lower DA and maybe TC off with good traction you might knock off a couple tenths. Was the left run the your white G8? What was your buddys ZL1 best time?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That was fast Josh! Yes left on the slip was my white car. Iam not mad,just a bit dissapointed. TC off with good traction is hard to come by.I had [email protected] My biggest issue wasnt launching but, the 1-2 shift w/o tc on was a bit trickey. It roasted 2nd then short shifted 3rd. Still did a [email protected] on that one.
The ZL1.. Alot of that was lack of knowledge about the car. His son inlaw did get a [email protected] After the 1st run(up in smoke) they couldnt get the tires hot. they calim with tc off it would not do a burnout,then on launch,it would cut out(die) then go?? Iam sure they will eventually get it figured out.Thats one high tech car! Sounds good too

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.