Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Would love to swap out my mirror with another that has auto-dimming and homelink. Everything I find on here is years old, or doesn't include both.

Would a GENTEX-313 work? I can't find anything about which wires we have, and which wires the GENTX-313 has.

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
Never found one with homelink. I got one from a Trailblazer that was dimming, Onstar and compass. Was just plug and play. There must be 50 on eBay between 30 and 55 bucks.

·
Pontiac Crazy
434 Posts
I have a GNTX-261 with auto-dimming, compass, temp, and OnStar. The one I bought came with the temp sensor as well, all I had to do was add the pin from the 261's plug to my mirror harness and run the wire. Homelink is typically in the sun visor, I don't believe I've ever seen a mirror with it integrated.

·
Registered
2009 G8 GT
49 Posts
I did the homelink in the visor, it wasn't that difficult to do and works great.

·
Premium Member
4,935 Posts
Awhile ago, replaced the manual factory rear-view mirror with part number 15812021. However, it doesn't have homelink although it has auto-dimming and is plug-n-play..

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I ended up finding a GENTEX-313 on ebay and bought it. It's got homelink buttons, an auto-dim mirror on/off button, and compass button, as well as the compass. No need for Onstar since I removed that box years ago.

It has 3 wires. Black is ground, black/orange is hot, black/yellow is +12. I have yet to install it because I need to get a wiring diagram for the stock mirror and figure out which wires are which. I only need those three wires. If anyone has that, please reply.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts