Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

Not trying to offend any True Blue Pontiac fans, but wanted to share some pics of my GXP as it currently stands.

I've lived in Oz, loved the HSV R8 lineup and given the cost to perform a proper transformation front & Rear with the G8's, i've decided to mod the car in stages to personalize the car a little more.

Mods:
HSV VE2/3 rear camera - Chrome rear mount + camera
Video In Motion + AUX Video in (JHP.com.au)
Reverse Camera Auto switch (JHP.com.au)

Front HSV Badge
2 x side Clubsport Badges
Rear HSV Badge
HSV Flag (rear right trunk)
R8 (rear right trunk)
HSV door sils
HSV centre cap badge for steering wheel
20% Tint
*Currently reprogramming the Radio to show the HSV startup logo vs the Pontiac logo

Awaiting for the weather to warm up to switch back to the summer tires + replace the Pontiac center caps with HSV's.

I guess I wanted to personalize the vehicle without losing its GXP roots. As such, I plan on keeping the GXP badges on each side + rear, and keep the GXP stitching on the front leather seats.

I will also be filling in the 3 holes left by the front Pontiac badge (but on a black car, they are not as noticeable as I expected)

So i guess technically you could call the vehicle a "2009.5 HSV R8 Clubsport GXP" - The car already turned many heads, but since completing these mods, the car seems to attract more attention and questions.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ckjackson79/

Cheers

Chris

·
Registered
299 Posts
On a side note, how'd you get a gxp up in CA? Didn't think any got shipped up there...

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Congrats on the purchase of your GXP. I think we might have been in contact via email last year. How do you love it so far?

·
Registered
707 Posts
looks good except i would lose the 2 x side Clubsport Badges IMHO
IMO I really like the Clubsport side badges. I was thinking about removing the side GM chics and putting a HSV yellow flag on each side quarter panel. I probably would of removed the rear GXP badge and keep the other hsv rear badges. But looks good. Wondering if you would go with the GTS 20" knock off wheels for the summer found on ebay? My next HSV gain would be front fenders (guards/flutes) will keeping my front bumper.

·
Premium Member
10,244 Posts
I do like the checkered flag on the boot; reminds me of when I had the v flag (red, chrome) on my trunk, oh man that was like a month after I bought mine new.

Thanks for sharing those pics are cool.

PS -- doesn't the clubby have the side vents and those LED tails? I know there's bumper fabrication, but is this remotely in your plans?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey Guys,

Still loving the GXP - waiting for summer to crank up the fun a bit!

I'm waiting to see if JHP puts the site fenders up on sale or not.

I plan on getting the front/rear bumper conversion once I complete some engine mods.

picking up a set of 20" HSV rims (not sold on which ones I will use for my summer set - might wait until the following summer)
I will be hitting up Livernois this summer for the must have mods: Exhaust, CAI, LTH, Tune, etc
Next summer will most likely see a Suspension change, and if the funds are available possibly a supercharger, clutch, fuel pump, etc

My gut says, finish 95% of the engine/suspension mods prior to modding the front/rear bumpers. Hoping JHP's prices drop with the new VF in Aus - but dont want to miss out on parts either.

Alot of people say the "Clubsport" really looks sharp on this car. I have to agree, when I saw it in Australia - I was sold.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Where do you get the clubsport decals and/or bottom door frame stripes?

Been lookin into it, but seems as though the only way is to have them custom made.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
@MrTaylor17

Crazy Paul - Ships from Australia. Great guy!

·
Registered
1 Posts
GXP de-badge - mostly...

I have never been a fan of the Pontiac brand. I grew up in the 80's when Pontiac was all "plastic fantastic" and then in the 90's when the horror peaked with the Pontiac Aztek, I was done.

But I had to have the G8 GXP as it's probably the best sleeper sedan ever produced for the money. Nameplates be damned.

So, I decided on this rather low-key plan - delete all badges, go with one Holden lion from a VE commodore on the trunk, and one LS3 badge on each gill where the little tictacs and "GXP"s used to be. Everything else is gone. Also note the hubs have been replaced with Holden lions also from a VE commodore.

Oops... never mind on the pics... I am not allowed to attach pictures. I'll have to go read the rules. Here's a link to an album.

http://www.g8board.com/forums/album.php?albumid=4425

·
Premium Member
1,385 Posts
Looking good so far man, as long as you like it. I noticed that you went back to the lip spoiler. Any reasoning for that?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts