Pontiac G8 Forum banner
81 - 100 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #81 ·
Also I might see if the car still have the crash bar if you’d like that as well. No guarantees though. Wish I could help more, I was fortunate enough to have 2 side by side to move things over from.

·
Registered
16 Posts
So I basically have a few parts in my garage I kept around. Too lazy to take it to the junkyard to give to the vehicle. I do have a set of fog lights, the passenger side headlight. The front end was pretty much destroyed. Not sure what else you were looking for.
How much for the fog lights, plus shipping to OR 97080?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Maybe you can help me out. I can't seem to find a driver's door lock actuator ? Is this part not available anywhere anymore ? Do you have one ? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
7,445 Posts
... I can't seem to find a driver's door lock actuator ? Is this part not available anywhere anymore?
Front or rear driver's side door? 92215254 - passenger rear 92215255 - driver's rear 92215256 - passenger front 92215257 - driver's front.

·
Registered
10 Posts
92215257 - I have ordered two of these from online only to be refunded days later and told it's no longer available , I can't find one in a salvage yard in denver , I've called several GM dealerships. I've tried to find a caprice door lock as well. My brother found one in a salvage yard in washington only to find out the driver's door is already gone 😕

·
Registered
136 Posts
92215257 - I have ordered two of these from online only to be refunded days later and told it's no longer available , I can't find one in a salvage yard in denver , I've called several GM dealerships. I've tried to find a caprice door lock as well. My brother found one in a salvage yard in washington only to find out the driver's door is already gone

I’ll have a whole door I’d sell ya.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
7,445 Posts
Rock Auto shows it can ship in about two days. Summit Racing indicates it can be shipped next month. GMPartscenter appears to have it in stock. Suggest making a few phone calls or sending emails to confirm prior to placing another order. Best of fortune locating the door lock actuator.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #89 ·
@Alcoholisnice If you can tell me where I’m looking for it I can try to see if it’s there. Only saying that because it’s in the single digits out here. Most of the door panels are held by a few screws to hold them in place so if it’s still there I can check for you if everything else is out of stock.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #90 ·
@RedSpeedRacer6694 sorry for the late reply but I’d be willing to part with them for $35 the pair. I can work on shipping for you but would need a confirmation that you’d purchase them. I’d pull them from the car and box them up, but mentioned above it’s cold out so I’d like to make sure I’m doing that ASAP. Had a few people ask for parts and fall through. I don’t mind parting them, was going to upgrade them anyway.

·
Registered
10 Posts
It really does seem to be sold out. Even the sites saying in stock later change , summit didn't have the correct part and that ebay mention was also wrong. It's the driver's door lock actuator essentially the part thats held on the door with 3 torx screws that catches the striker when you close the door. Mine stopped working with the fob and only locks with the key now.

·
Premium Member
7,445 Posts
It really does seem to be sold out. Even the sites saying in stock later change , summit didn't have the correct part and that ebay mention was also wrong.
Did you try Rock Auto? Emailed and they said the door lock actuator would ship Monday. However, don't think they verified the part is available for purchase and are merely going off a computer screen. If you decide to go that route, be sure to Google the 5% off discount code and paste it in the how did you hear about us section during checkout. The door lock actuator doesn't work with the keyfob nor window switch? Do you hear it trying to work i.e. hum or click? If not, Driver's side door lock. Just a thought.

... If you can tell me where I’m looking for it I can try to see if it’s there....
It's located inside the door and here's a picture of a different actuator.

actuator.jpg

·
Registered
10 Posts
I didn't try rock auto but I will today. I swapped the passenger and driver side relay and checked the fuse before anything else. It makes a noise but doesn't latch and a few times when closing the door it bounced opened and I had to manually open the actuator to get the door to latch , then it only locks with the key.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #94 ·
Let me know how it goes with rockauto. If not I can go get it Monday/Tuesday and try to ship it the same day.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'll order it when I get out of here. I appreciate all the help though. Had the same thing go out on the 4 runner it was available same day shipping from Amazon for 36$. Didn't expect this one to be so difficult.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #96 ·
Yeah rockauto has been good for me when I was rebuilding, hopefully it works out, if not let me know and I can try to help you out.

·
Premium Member
7,445 Posts
That's the nature of purchasing many of the parts for a car that was only built for two years before the brand was discontinued. :cautious: Thought I recall reading where Caprice PPV door lock actuators are compatible with the G8,but could be mistaken. :unsure:

Reactions: Andre1024

·
Premium Member
7,445 Posts
Rock auto is only showing me the passenger side
Select part number search. Copy and paste part number. Select search lower right. It should appear with 2 day delay. Rock Auto email conversation.

ME: Hello,

Wanted to verify a door lock actuator is able to be purchased since it's out-of-stock or unavailable virtually everywhere else. The part number is 92215257. THank

Dear Customer,
We do not allow backorders, therefore, if the part is out of stock, it cannot be ordered. Also, we do not have an estimated date of availability or additional details on parts that are 'Out of Stock.' However, you can sign up for an 'Availability Alert' to your email by doing a Part Number Search for the part on our website. You will then be the first to know when the part comes back in stock! :

Thank you,
RockAuto Customer Service

ME: The website states a 2 day delay, so if part 92215257 is ordered today will it be shipped in approximately two business days? Rather not place an order and after some time has elapsed have the order cancelled due to Rock Auto being unable to order the party from a supplier. At any rate, will just have to try somewhere else. Thanks

Hello,

Yes, if the order is placed today, it will ship two business days from when shipped, which would be Monday in this case.

Thank you,
RockAuto Customer Service

·
Registered
10 Posts
I did the part number search. I ordered it. It told me 7 day delay hopefully it will actually ship. I did read the ppv would work. Same part number. Also cannot find it or at the salvage yard .

81 - 100 of 114 Posts