Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, so I've got to say the G8 has gotten me really excited. I haven't even seen it in real life yet, and I'm already thinking about the possibilities to add body parts to it.

The front end looks absolutely spectacular! The only thing i'm wondering about is having the rear end look too much like a ford Fusion. How would the rear of an HSV Clubsport R8 look on the G8? Is it even possible to convert the tail lights, and add the spoiler?

http://www.hsv.com.au

·
Registered
218 Posts
I'm sure anything would be possible with enough money.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I think changing the rear tail-light assembly would be difficult. The HSV vs the normal model taillights are a completely different rear panel setup to cater for the lights.. just my two cents.. and in my opinion a lot of ppl have
not liked the HSV setup with the tail lights.. although they do have sweet LED's in them ;)

·
Registered
218 Posts
For one, we need to see what the base model will actually look like. I think the leaked photos are possibly the HSV (GT) version. ?
They're the GT version but I don't think the car is an HSV model, it's just got a couple of HSV parts on it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The HSV models have a painted 'blanking' section to replace the top portion of the rear lights, and a new light assembly located slightly lower than the light assembly on the G8. The rear bar also would need to be changed, as it too sit's lower.

IMHO, the HSV lights look fantastic on darker cars.

The only HSV parts that i have spotted on the G8 from the pic's are the HSV GTS wheels. The rest is pure Holden. (Obviously excluding the Pontiac specific front bar and bonet)

·
Registered
21 Posts
G'day all I am new to this site and I am rapt to hear the positive comments about the Pontiac G8 (VE Holden Commodore SV6/ SS-V. I own a SS-V and I can guarantee you will love it. Its good to see the unique front on it and also good to see the remainder of the body is Pure Commodore. It has a huge pressence on the road and is unmistakably a good looking car. I hear that when the exports start Holden will the DOD and various other changes in keeping with the G8 apart from the Pontiac grill obviously. Also please buy up because all profits to GMH point to a RWD mid size twin turbo 3.2ltr V6 called the Torana as it would be known here. The Torana was a great RWD mid size car here from 1969 to 1978. It came with 6cyl and V8 and was many times a V8 race winner. Another car you could add to your garage which I am sure you will love and add a new dimension to the mid size sedan with the Aussie know how when it comes to the zeta Platform and stylish cars built for most conditions.

·
Registered
20 Posts
you yanks missed out on the hsv front guards. if you can get a hold of them. do it. its abit hard since the hsv guards are done at online at work

1 - 8 of 8 Posts