Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was the weirdest thing, I was coming home today on Peoria :driving: and turned east onto Ilif and about Warren I saw a stryker blue G8 coming the other way, but it had my stripes! So either I invented a way to travel through time and I passed myself, or there is a 2008 (I think from a quick look at the wheels) rolling around Aurora with my stripe kit on. So much for being the only one.

·
Juice Addict
469 Posts
2008 did not have Stryker, just Stealth....maybe a 2009 V6? Odd that another striped one so close though.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah it could have been stealth blue. Had the wrong wheels for a 09 V6. Looked like the flat bladed whels of an 08 GT.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Yeah it could have been stealth blue. Had the wrong wheels for a 09 V6. Looked like the flat bladed whels of an 08 GT.
The wheels never changed among model years. There were the double-spoked V6 wheels, the 18" GT wheels (with the raised border around the spokes), the 19" GT wheels (machined aluminum flat 5 spoke), and the GXP wheels. At no point did any model get new wheel options.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Hmmm....on Bandi's site there is a SBM GT running on one of the friday series...no license plate...
Today I passed a red GT on I25 around noontime...

Never seen another SBM out here with stripes...

·
Juice Addict
469 Posts
I know of at least 3 GXP and 3 GT SBM's in the area. One of each here in Laramie. Seems odd that we have so many of the rarest 09 color, but I have not seen any PSM aside from one rolling through on I80 with Indiana(?) plates. Or even silver. Not counting dealer lots. Would like to see a SRM in person...not even on a lot for that one.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
This is what I mean by flat bladed wheels on the 08:

Yep, those are the 19" sports package wheels. Again, 08, 09, and 09.5 G8s all had the exact same wheel options.

·
Yep, that just happened..
5,024 Posts
Yeah, it's the only mod I have, but really after that, what else would you need?
Stickers, lots and lots of stickers... JK Seriously!!

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts