Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2009 GT, Black
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered a 2011 Caprice Passenger side panel for the GT but, it is not shaped the same and will not work.

I do have one of the fix kits GM provided for the drivers side. I believe it will work on the passengers side as well.

Does anyone have a post or a url that shows pictures as to how to install this? I found a post here in the forum with written instructions but would really like some pictures, if available.

I took a picture of the passenger side panel for the GT and the 2011 Caprice panel I ordered. I will post that later to show it doesn't work.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2009 GT, Black
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here's the trim panels. The GT is on the bottom.

Bumper Automotive exterior Musical instrument Gas Automotive tire

·
Registered
2009 GT, Black
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks like the drivers side GM fix does not fit on the passenger side. Guess I'm off to a hunt to see if I can find one for the passenger side.

The front connector was cracked so I glued it up with some JB Weld and reinstalled it. We'll see how long it lasts until I can find a permanent fix.

·
Registered
2009 GT, Black
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just sent an email to GTOG8TA.com about the passenger seat trim. They have a picture of it on their web site and say email for a price.

Any place else I should look?

·
Premium Member
10,473 Posts
To the best of my knowledge, a repair kit was not produced for the passenger side seat trim. Everything have ever read said they only fit the driver's side seat trim. Therefore, are you looking to replace the passenger side seat trim?

·
Premium Member
10,473 Posts
Part number for passenger outer finish panel is 92207882 and will be on the lookout.

·
Registered
367 Posts
I ordered a 2011 Caprice Passenger side panel for the GT but, it is not shaped the same and will not work.

I do have one of the fix kits GM provided for the drivers side. I believe it will work on the passengers side as well.

Does anyone have a post or a url that shows pictures as to how to install this? I found a post here in the forum with written instructions but would really like some pictures, if available.

I took a picture of the passenger side panel for the GT and the 2011 Caprice panel I ordered. I will post that later to show it doesn't work.

Thanks in advance.
Hey Old Poop!

At a risk of P*ssing you off totally

You could try a couple of websites in Oz that sell brand new original trims including the stock they bought up for LHD G8s.

I could steer you there.

Were you guy that couldn't figure out how to open the fuel filler when the car was locked or someone else?

Yes the stretched Caprice version probably will not fit. Rookie mistake.

·
Registered
2009 GT, Black
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
..smiles..

I would be happy to look at a couple OZ sites. I have ordered from Holmart a couple times.

And yes, I was not able to open my gas filler lid one time as I had locked the car and didn't realize that was the issue. At least I did it to myself at home and not at a filling station.

Thanks for the part number Pony Man

·
Premium Member
10,473 Posts
Just in from the underground. Sent a message to Speed Spares and Holmart regarding the panel trim.
RE: speedspares.net Contact Us Form
Hi
No good sorry GMH Australia has them blocked for sale
Speedspares

·
Registered
2009 GT, Black
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for checking Pony Man. GTOG8TA.com never responded to my query either. I guess I have me answer from them.

If I had too, I guess I could make the Caprice trim panel sort of fit. I may also take a closer look at the metal bracket under the passenger seat and see if I could form some kind of bracket like the one that was released for the driver side.

Thanks again..

·
Registered
2 Posts
epoxy is kick-ass for these type situations. JB weld, super glue and duct tape used to hold the world together but products like this are kind of leading the pack I believe I might just have what you need. I'll look when I get home.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts