Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Check the fuse it's good. Is it common for the switch to go bad? Any pointers?

·
Premium Member
4,200 Posts
It appears that you have owned this for a fair amount of time. So I'm guessing that you have cycled both seat heat circuits several times. What fuses did you actually look at ? When you cycle the switch thru its 4 positions, are you saying you never see any of the 3 temp stage lights illuminate, let alone feel the heat ?

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have cycled the passenger seat several times to no avail. The seat does not heat. I believe that the fuse was #43 it's the only one I could find the heated seats. It tested good with my multi meter. Nothing lights up at all on the switch.

·
Premium Member
4,200 Posts
The fuse in the underhood fuse box that is assigned to the heated seats, is shown as fuse F38-10A labeled HTD SEATS/ONSTAR IGN. It sends power to both seat control modules. So if the drivers side works, that fuse is OK. The driver an passenger seat heat are powered up using dedicated power fuses to heat their seats. They are located in the I/P fuse box. Drivers side fuse is F19-15A labeled HEATED/SEAT LT The passenger side fuse is F20-15A labeled HEATED/SEAT RT If the drivers side ops normal, verify the condition of the F20 fuse. If you find or know its OK, the T/S gets a little more involved from that point on.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just got the car back from paint (thin paint on the front cover). Checked the fuse in the drivers side kick panel. Fuse was good to go. I'm going to double check the wiring harnessing going to the seat just to make sure nothing has came loose. Next I'll pull the console, look at the switch.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Check for power at the heated seat modules under each seat, pink wires on pin 3, and also the pink wire on pin 1 of the switch in the center console. When mine wasn't working I found a bad connection where the three wires connected and split off and went to each component. Fixed that and they work perfect now. You can also do a continuity test between all three wires, they should all be connected, if they're not, then you have a bad connection. Not sure if its your problem, but easy enough to check.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Finally a nice day to work on the G8, tested wires, clipped and unclipped the harness that goes to both the heated switch and the seat harness. Started working again after I did that, all the pink wires tested good maybe I knocked some dirt off? Working now thanks guys.

·
Premium Member
4,200 Posts
So I'm reading this as a disconnect an reconnect the system connectors a couple of times thru, an problem solved. Like an invisible pin to socket corrosion condition that turned into an excellent outcome.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes Sir !

1 - 9 of 9 Posts