Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2009.5 GT

Hello! My Passenger Window Switch is Getting Stuck. I have to manipulate the switch in a certain way to get it to go down.

Has anybody with the same issue (seems common using search) ever actually crack the switch unit open to try to fix?

The switches are going for about $50 on ebay and most people that had issues on this board with the same seem to have just replaced it. But for $50 I might as well check to see if I can fix it first.

Will be this weekends project but I was hoping until then, maybe somebody did so and could let me know how it went. I imagine if it's like a broken plastic piece, I won't be able to fix it and should just order a replacement. Thanks!!!

·
Registered
626 Posts
Just had the same issue, but on driver's side. Just replace it. Not worth trying to fix.

Easy to change, but be careful pulling the trim. I broke mine. :/

·
Premium Member
4,524 Posts
Mines was replaced while under warranty for a very similar issue. Am unsure how easy or difficult it is to dissemble the switch, but echo the sentiments of others by saying replace the whole switch since a new one is relatively inexpensive.

·
Registered
626 Posts
I actually still have my broken one. I can take a pic of the guts and post it here. I too thought, "oh, maybe I can fix it," but then after seeing it.... it's worth the $50-60 bucks to replace.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts