Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 167 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone please send me his email so i can get in contact with him so i can get me a pat g tune for my g8?

Anyone with this tune...how does this actually work he sends me a handheld and emails me a tune and i load it to the car and drive it and then get back with him on what i want tweeked? I currently have a cortex and i loaded the vararam tunes so im guessing loading that and the pat g tune would be similar...thanks for any help. I searched but couldnt really find an answer to this.

·
Premium Member
1,097 Posts
Google "guerra group" that is his company. There is a contact tab with his email. He will send you a autocal (handheld) and everything else from there is handled over email. He sends you new tunes whenever you change your mods and you load them into the handheld then flash them into your car. Sounds like you have the jist of it. You won't regret it.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
+1 for pat g.
He can adjust over 3500 parameters on your car.
And will tune to YOU, not just to achieve performance.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
290 Posts
Can you enlighten me on the autocal. I used a sct on my 09 gt which was tuned by Unleashed tuning and was thinking about using them again. What's the difference between the two?

·
Registered
530 Posts
I just got done logging my tune, to send to pat. I just tuned my car using the auto cal. You get the hand held in a couple day's, download your stock tune, send that to pat. He sends you a new tune, you load that in the car. Drive it for a couple day's then log the car driving around and send him that to refine. Pretty easy and way better than the cortex tuning.

·
Premium Member
4,210 Posts
A properly executed search on here or via the internets can yield plenty of ways to contact said name with tune.

Sometimes it's better to be like this :secret:

·
Registered
290 Posts
I just got done logging my tune, to send to pat. I just tuned my car using the auto cal. You get the hand held in a couple day's, download your stock tune, send that to pat. He sends you a new tune, you load that in the car. Drive it for a couple day's then log the car driving around and send him that to refine. Pretty easy and way better than the cortex tuning.
So what happens to your stock tune then? Is it saved on the autocal incase you need to put it back to stock or do they have to email it back to you?

·
Registered
530 Posts
I think that they have to email it back to you. But just email pat.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Yea, you stock tune is saved on your computer.
You'll load your files on your computer. He'll have a copy and you'll have a copy. Way better than the cortex.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Yea, you stock tune is saved on your computer.
You'll load your files on your computer. He'll have a copy and you'll have a copy. Way better than the cortex.

Ok...I understand. Seems though the sct was a little more convenient though because I can put three tunes on it and down load whichever tune I wanted in minutes whenever as long as I have the tuner in my glove box. If something were to go wrong with the car and needed to get it towed to the dealer I could easily take the sct out of the glove box and download the stock tune in mins so my warranty won't be voided if they see the PCM has been altered. Just for info incase others are wondering, the sct is different than the cortex.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Ok...I understand. Seems though the sct was a little more convenient though because I can put three tunes on it and down load whichever tune I wanted in minutes whenever as long as I have the tuner in my glove box. If something were to go wrong with the car and needed to get it towed to the dealer I could easily take the sct out of the glove box and download the stock tune in mins so my warranty won't be voided if they see the PCM has been altered. Just for info incase others are wondering, the sct is different than the cortex.
You can store your current tune and stock tune on your Autocal if needed. With the Cortex and SCT, you cant save it to your computer. Plus you have the software to adjust the tune yourself if you so chose. Cant do that with the cortex or sct.

I came from the mustang world and dealt with the SCT multiphle times. I prefer the Autocal.

·
Registered
143 Posts
If all I have right now is a Spectre CAI and Solo Axle-Backs is worth getting the Pat G over a Cortex until I get bigger mods?

·
Registered
376 Posts
If all I have right now is a Spectre CAI and Solo Axle-Backs is worth getting the Pat G over a Cortex until I get bigger mods?
IMHO, yes.

His transmission tune is far superior to the Cortex.

·
Cars are my hobby...
1,610 Posts
Do yourself a huge favor, and try not to leave that in your car. It gets stolen and you'll need to rebuy the device and possibly the license.

Pat sends you a handheld device that can read and write to your PCM. The device will read your stock tune, which you load locally to your PC. Take that local copy and e-mail it to Pat. He'll send you a new tune, save that one to your PC and load it to your hand held. Take your hand held and upload the new tune to your car. After that's done, you set your hand held to log your car and you drive it the way Pat tells you to. Send logs back and repeat those steps.

Over time your car drives better, faster, and gets greater mpg. You may notice something you'd like changed about the car and he can make these requests.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Just ordered my Patrick G tune the other day. Im pumped to get switched over

·
Registered
805 Posts
I'd be interested to see who has switched from the Livernois/VMS tune over to a Pat G or Rick Crawford tune. See if it made that much of a difference to justify the costs.

MotorCity: I see you have a Livernois cam and a VMS dyno tune. Why are you switching? Did you get a new cam?

You'll have to let us know what the differences are.

·
Registered
996 Posts
I'd be interested to see who has switched from the Livernois/VMS tune over to a Pat G or Rick Crawford tune. See if it made that much of a difference to justify the costs.

MotorCity: I see you have a Livernois cam and a VMS dyno tune. Why are you switching? Did you get a new cam?

You'll have to let us know what the differences are.
I have the same cam but VMS has never been able to get my tune right and overall I am just not satisfied with the tune. My autocal will be getting here today so I should have everything switched over to the Pat G tune by this weekend. I will try to hit the track on sunday too. I will give you guys my impressions once I make the switch.

I talked to "The Yeti" because he made the same switch from VMS to Pat G and he said its a world of a difference and he had all the same problems I have had and they were all fixed once he made the switch.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
This sounds like a growing trend. Seems a few guys are having issues with VMS tunes. I just don't think they have the in depth tune knowledge PatG and RickC have. I can't wait to get my RickC tune done. VMS might be good at making max power on a dyno but the few cars I've been in with VMS and livernoise tunes dont have very good drivability. That's the biggest thing for me.

Sent from my fresh lubed iPhone

·
Registered
143 Posts
IMHO, yes.

His transmission tune is far superior to the Cortex.
Ended up going with the Cortex at least for the time being. Found a used one for $250 and I couldn't pass it up.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Ended up going with the Cortex at least for the time being. Found a used one for $250 and I couldn't pass it up.
I did the same thing then sold it about a week later.

1 - 20 of 167 Posts