Pontiac G8 Forum banner

Pat G tune

23K views 166 replies 48 participants last post by  RockyMtG8GT 
+1 for pat g.
He can adjust over 3500 parameters on your car.
And will tune to YOU, not just to achieve performance.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

Yea, you stock tune is saved on your computer.
You'll load your files on your computer. He'll have a copy and you'll have a copy. Way better than the cortex.

Ok...I understand. Seems though the sct was a little more convenient though because I can put three tunes on it and down load whichever tune I wanted in minutes whenever as long as I have the tuner in my glove box. If something were to go wrong with the car and needed to get it towed to the dealer I could easily take the sct out of the glove box and download the stock tune in mins so my warranty won't be voided if they see the PCM has been altered. Just for info incase others are wondering, the sct is different than the cortex.
You can store your current tune and stock tune on your Autocal if needed. With the Cortex and SCT, you cant save it to your computer. Plus you have the software to adjust the tune yourself if you so chose. Cant do that with the cortex or sct.

I came from the mustang world and dealt with the SCT multiphle times. I prefer the Autocal.

Fact of the matter is, ive NEVER heard one person complain about Pat G's work. I cant say the same for the other guys.

My set up was spec'd out by the the person who tuned it before pat. Then I got in contact with yeti and had a long car conversation about what my car was doing and how it was acting. He had me convinced that pat g was the way to go. Yesterday evening I received my first tune loaded into the car and went to dinner. I noticed the difference as soon as I pulled out of my drive way. And yes all I did was send pat what he requested, an initial scan of my ecm and tcm and list of mods and specs. I have yet to send him any data logs and already feel like it was money well spent.
Wait until you get your revision, and the car learns the new tune. You'll fall in love everyday

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.