Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it ok to change the PE enrichment rate to 1 and delay/enable rpm to 0 if I have NOT done WOT tuning yet? I will be doing WOT tuning in a month, I hope. Or is this a step that should follow WOT tuning?

The part throttle MAF-STFT have been tuned.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
If you're PE is rich no harm if its lean you don't want to be in a hurry to get there.

If you're not sure fatten it up some, though in the same amount of time almost you can put the wideband on... Wot tuning is very easy.

Ps I'm at either a 1.3 or 1.4 on mine and its boosted otherwise I just leave the rate at 1 and set enable to 0 same as you.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Yep....what he said ^!

·
Registered
500 Posts
I have seen people go higher than they need to in hopes of getting pe fuel there faster but the problem is it overshoots your desired afr and has to correct itself. You will be able to see it in tweak it in the logs.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the reply. I was just curious. Was wondering if others had messed with PE stuff without WOT tuning.

I fully intend to install a WB.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Is it ok to change the PE enrichment rate to 1 and delay/enable rpm to 0 if I have NOT done WOT tuning yet? I will be doing WOT tuning in a month, I hope. Or is this a step that should follow WOT tuning?

Yes it is and if you are NA go ahead and set PE table flatlined at 1.20

·
LSX Mechanic
240 Posts

If your MAF table is scaled within the acceptable +/- 2-3% error margin, you can go ahead and add a generic value in your PE table to get your air/fuel close. If the MAF is dialed in properly your commanded air/fuel should be very close to target. Once I get a MAF dialed I'll load in a commanded PE value of 1.176 which commands 12.5:1. Usually this gets you within 1-2 more runs of where you need to be.

FWIW, I've found that G8's like a little more fuel down low and usually perform better in the ~12.3-12.4 range below 4500rpms.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
what I've seen with these g8's and GTO's that I've played with is they tend to want a lil bit of richness(fatter feels torqueyer... is that a word?)

like damien says, i tend to hang right at 12.4 till i get to about 4400 rpm than i push to 12.7 above (again that's gas scale and on an NA setup)

I only tune my own stuff and this is just based on my unprofessional experience.

PS i always feel funny not typing lambda.

·
LSX Mechanic
240 Posts
LOL. No kidding. Have you ever watched that tuning school video? The guy narrating it says "Lambda" about EleventeenKabillion times.

Nobody tunes in Lambda anymore anyway. Most of the modern tuning software has since fazed it out. The only time I'll use that is if I'm tuning something foreign, a Pontiac Solstice, or when I want to make fun of the tuning school video.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for your time guys.

·
Registered
148 Posts
LOL. No kidding. Have you ever watched that tuning school video? The guy narrating it says "Lambda" about EleventeenKabillion times.

Nobody tunes in Lambda anymore anyway. Most of the modern tuning software has since fazed it out. The only time I'll use that is if I'm tuning something foreign, a Pontiac Solstice, or when I want to make fun of the tuning school video.
Wow this is hysterical. :drink:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts