Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow G8 enthusiasts. I'm looking to pick the forums brain about 2 codes that keep popping up after I installed Solo's performance catalylitic converters and cat back exhaust. I'm constantly getting "catalytic efficiency below threshold" on bank two sensor two and "O2 sensor signal stuck rich" on bank one sensor two. Has anybody ever had a similar problem?

·
Registered
626 Posts
Get it tuned, and have the rear O2 sensors tuned out. That's the only way you'll get rid of it that I know of.

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
I used to have my high flow cats throw codes all the time. Even with the extenders. I found that if you pack the extender with a chunk of stainless steep pot scrubber it blocks enough flow to the sensor that it won't trip a code anymore and your PCM will be in ready mode. If you do have a tuner do it. Going back to the L67 SC days you don't turn off the rear O2 sensors. You set then to check but don't report. That way it will also be in ready mode . The extenders is better since you will pass inspection with the sensor there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts