Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
LS2 slut
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i've finally got this app up and running again. It's pretty cool if you ask me. You can change the style of gauges, background, which gauges are being displayed and so on. All you need is a HU running Android Auto and an Android device capable of running Android Auto. Download the Torque premium and connect with a OBD2 dongle. Then download the app OBD2AA.

The video was filmed in my driveway while the car is idling and then on a friends long driveway while the car is moving.

·
LS2 slut
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Learn a couple of things today. 1, if you set cruise at 105kmh you are using around 17hp. 2, The OBD2AA app has a built in speed camera warning system. You get a verbal warning when you are coming into a fixed speed camera area. Very handy!!!

·
Registered
208 Posts
Very cool I like that setup

·
Registered
269 Posts
I tried using Torque with the stock head unit a few years ago and after making an overly complicated electronics system it was pretty much useless. The stock display is way too low resolution to display more than one gauge clearly. Yours looks pretty good though

·
LS2 slut
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I tried using Torque with the stock head unit a few years ago and after making an overly complicated electronics system it was pretty much useless. The stock display is way too low resolution to display more than one gauge clearly. Yours looks pretty good though

Thats a JVC head unit running android auto. Got rid of the stock HU some time ago.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts